School holidays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now i'v worked it out to 12 weeks,could be more or less ?.i know that Boilers and other things have to checked out..and i couldn't see that taking more than a couple of weeks...the exterior work goes on while the kids are still in school..So why all these holidays...i'm sure i'l be enlightened by our Tutors on this forum.

Sponsored Links
come on, your not seriously suggesting making the poor little mites work every week!!! :eek:

6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 thats thirteen weeks around here, plus "training days". Some schools have more than 6 weeks summer because of changes to next year's calendar etc, and i know of one school which is moving several classes (maybe an entire year group i dont know) to a seperate school, and this is another week lost for these kids because the other school doesn't open till a week later.

Many schools recently have been taking the summer holidays to refurbish classrooms and build new buildings etc. Many schools in doncaster are run-down 1960's timber framed buildings with rotting foundations, so refurbing these is a priority. I'm sure it is the same across the country too.

oh i see. i'l take your word for it.But still not a proper explanation if you consider it in context.i still need to know something different than what you said.Can anybody add to that?

vokera80e said:
Now i'v worked it out to 12 weeks,could be more or less ?.i know that Boilers and other things have to checked out..and i couldn't see that taking more than a couple of weeks...the exterior work goes on while the kids are still in school..So why all these holidays...i'm sure i'l be enlightened by our Tutors on this forum.

The holiday travel industry would come to its knees, Teachers numbers would crumble or more sick days,more kids would be suspended. Do lollipop men and women get paid in the school holidays?

Sponsored Links
ok point taken on jb's teacher theory.and some schools (not all) needs refurbs. But why not the split the six week holiday up.2-2-2 or 4-2 or 3-3.We all get stressed in our jobs,But we don't get 13 weeks holiday...

vokera80e said:
ok point taken on jb's teacher theory.and some schools (not all) needs refurbs. But why not the split the six week holiday up.2-2-2 or 4-2 or 3-3.We all get stressed in our jobs,But we don't get 13 weeks holiday...
because kids "play out" in summer. Think back to your childhood (a long time ago, i know), and think of the great times you had during the 6 week break! And the sense of great joy when you left school for the last time that year summer.

[/quote]
because kids "play out" in summer. Think back to your childhood (a long time ago, i know), and think of the great times you had during the 6 week break! And the sense of great joy when you left school for the last time that year summer.[/quote]

you'll be writing romantic novels next crafty... :LOL:

crafty1289 said:
vokera80e said:
because kids "play out" in summer. Think back to your childhood (a long time ago, i know), and think of the great times you had during the 6 week break! And the sense of great joy when you left school for the last time that year summer.

And the great sense of shock when your new boss said " Are you ****in mad, do you **** get 6 weeks off when we break up,break up,lol." :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back