Screwed or screwless?

It's not the screws that bother me on stainless fittings, it's the god swfullt black or white plastic surronds on the switches/sockets etc that look just horrible.

However, after weeks of searching I found some without the surrounds on the switch, and on the sockets the inserts were silver plastic, all for a decent price (not the £12 per switch the B&Q were after) - http://www.allaboutelectrics.co.uk/2gang-13a-stainless-steel-socket.html

Sponsored Links
MK edge are the most attractive switches on the market.

From my own hallway:

IMGP3426.jpg

little bit low on the left?
and is that a fingerprint on the window pane next to the handle?

Sponsored Links
I'd agree with you there RF Lighting. I haven't seen anything nicer. Only problem is I can't find anywhere on-line that sells them. Obviously I could try my local wholesaler to see if they sell them, but I want to be able to compare prices etc first.

Colin C

RF.....lovely picture....but wouldn't it look nicer if you didn't have those visible fixing screws........ :LOL:

It all comes down to the quality of what you are doing IMO. If you are doing a top quality installation where clean lines etc are important then I would go for screwless.
When you put skirting on the walls you try and cover up all the fixing points/nails, joins IMO its the same for sockets. If you don't need to have the screws showing why would you.

In my house I have gone for the screwless plates BUT one of the reasons i did was due to redecorating all over as you use them you need to have a good finish around the switches etc. If you have poor plaster/paintwork etc then I would go for the screwed variety.

What do you mean? Do you mean covering the screws? If so - the style of handle i have within the house conseals all the fittings

Can you not just glue normal sockets to the wall & do without the screws altogether...? Best of both worlds then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back