Screwed or screwless?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do you guys think of the screwless sockes/switches, do you prefer them or like the look of the screwed items?

Sponsored Links
I'm not really bothered. I personally wouldn't pay extra just so the screws were hidden.

True. Knowing Get its probably an extra fiver on each one but I'll check!

The screwless ones are good because you can do your second fix and get done before the painters come in. Later the front plates can be popped on - without being slashed with paint etc.

But that's for customers. I wouldnt pay the extra myself

Sponsored Links
Hello.

I have found that the screwless 'flatplate' accessories do look nice, but if the tiler and plasterer have done a dodgy job they can be in need of caulking. :oops:

Ed

Yes I see where your coming from.... hhm decisions decisions!

I HATE SCREWLESS SOCKET AND SWITCH FRONTS. more often than not you can't fix them on. more often than not you can't remove them without rupturing yourself. then you try to lever them off with a screwdriver. that wrecks the wall. anyone here tried the legrand mosiac range? good god, what a load of 3h1te. then you try to put the cover on. the back part is too small so it cracks the plaster just round the edge of the box. you have to hammer away with your fist trying to get the thing on. now these covers vary very slightly in size. sometimes they will not fit where you have a dual box or box connectors. only by 1 mm or so. so then you have to use brute force. no other option when you have to second fix 20 flats and the contractor has specified this sort of carp. worse still the covers tarnished after only a few months. we had to use this utter junk because it gave the flat owner choice of colour.

Ha sounds like youve had a nitemare with them! Might save a few pounds and stick with the screwed options. do you think s/s or chrome looks better. GET dont do the brushed chrome ones that looks quite nice.

hhhhm well taps are chrome, door handles havent been bought yet! Probably silver rather than chrome.

It's like me asking you what colour car I should buy next, or what drink should I order in the pub tonight.

It just depends on your personal choices, and what you think looks the best.

chillout...screwless accessories are the way forward...decorating around switches and sockets becomes easier and replacing scratched plates mean you don't have to change the whole product.

It does help if you've got a nice flat wall to put them on.

TLC do a matt chrome screwless range....

cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back