Screwfix deal today

Sponsored Links
B&Q were doing this deal a while back - I can only imagine both arerubbish...unless anyone knows different

Been using mine for years and years.

Sponsored Links
Strange that, both B&Q and Screwfix have the same offers, its almost like they're the same company... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We wont mention Kingfisher.. ;)

Evolutions are crap....the idea is ok but the build quality is rubbish, a friend of mine gave me a black limited edition sliding mitre saw called a stealth(i think) - what a load of old crock, the laser is out of focus, the measurements for the 45 degree tilt at the back is a god damn sticker that was already peeling off so god knows if its been stuck on in the right place. The castings are cheap, the blade is cheap, the general build is just done on the cheap.

Much better to buy a brand name saw and lets be fair you won't go wrong with any of the main players and then just swap from blade to blade, ok you might fine this a ball ache - just like evolution thought you would :LOL: but in trying to solve a problem they have built some shocking kit - and now they have to give it away

Evolutions are crap....the idea is ok but the build quality is rubbish, a friend of mine gave me a black limited edition sliding mitre saw called a stealth(i think) - what a load of old crock, the laser is out of focus, the measurements for the 45 degree tilt at the back is a god damn sticker that was already peeling off so god knows if its been stuck on in the right place. The castings are cheap, the blade is cheap, the general build is just done on the cheap.

Much better to buy a brand name saw and lets be fair you won't go wrong with any of the main players and then just swap from blade to blade, ok you might fine this a ball ache - just like evolution thought you would :LOL: but in trying to solve a problem they have built some shocking kit - and now they have to give it away

I bought a Makita 3 years ago......it's the dogs bo*locks :D

I bought a Makita 3 years ago......it's the dogs bo*locks :D

Bit overkill for DIYers

They are light, easy to transport and pretty accurate for most carpentry work.

They are cheap too. I've been using mine for dunno how many years.

Granted they are light, i use an old dewalt dw708 slider for cutting glazing beads, the blasted thing weighs over 30kgs though and i'm fed up lugging it around from the van to rear of properties so when the friend let me have his evo i jumped at the chance. Light is an understatement, the alloy and casting is crap, its not accurate enough to cut a 45 in a glazing bead, the blade it too coarse to cut pvc without shattering it

All in all i was well disappointed, i know its not a top end product but it wasn't fit for purpose hence it went straight in the wheelie bin litterally

Granted they are light, i use an old dewalt dw708 slider for cutting glazing beads, the blasted thing weighs over 30kgs though and i'm fed up lugging it around from the van to rear of properties so when the friend let me have his evo i jumped at the chance. Light is an understatement, the alloy and casting is crap, its not accurate enough to cut a 45 in a glazing bead, the blade it too coarse to cut pvc without shattering it

All in all i was well disappointed, i know its not a top end product but it wasn't fit for purpose hence it went straight in the wheelie bin litterally

Not fit for purpose you say, Ha! I can beat that, I let someone borrow my router and worktop jig both Silverline, not the best on the market by any stretch of the imagination, but as I only use it once every five years not a problem.

He burnt it out, I thought he knew what he was doing, so without saying anything to me he sourced a new one also Silverline but the new one, probably made in China, the guide was a different size and didn't fit the jig, I phoned their head office and the stupid cow says not her problem, I said I have a Silverline router and jig that are not compatible, her reply was not guaranteed to be the same size, by this time I've pulled out what is left of my hair and scream its no good to man nor beast, I may as well chuck it in the bin, her answer was, you don't need to be like that.

Moral of this story, DO NOT BUY SILVERLINE PRODUCTS, buy cheap carp from B&Q, keep the till receipt and take it back if it breaks down within the 2yrs, no hassle, if the model no longer exist they refund your money and buy the new model which is probably cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Back