Screwfix item reviews..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking a bit bogus aren't they? I've seen a load of verbatim 'reviews' slapped on completely different products. Cheeky fookers.

Sponsored Links
In any case, cast an eye over the Screwfix forum and you'd wonder about the standard of judgement of contributors of genuine reviews.

Those are the two fundamental problems with all on-line reviews nowadays. There's often no way of telling whether the reviewer is genuinely independent; there's little evidence to show whether the reviewer has a clue what he's talking about.

...there's little evidence to show whether the reviewer has a clue what he's talking about.
Have you seen forums where a person can gain (or give) "Thanks"?
Here's a random snippet from AVforums

If you receive "thanks" from a poster that has been helped by the information you have given, then it gets totted up. Pretty simple really - gives you a quick way of identifying that the person you are dealing with is dishing out good advice and not someone just after a high post count by nit picking and replying to every post in every section. (You know who you are!) :LOL:

problem with that is although the advice may be of use, its of no use if the person it was intended for takes said advice, uses it to their advantage and never posts again or says thanks

Sponsored Links
I agree and you do get ar$es like that, but surely it's better than nothing. Do you have a better idea or are you just nit picking? ;)

Allow me to say, Gcol, that I find many of your posts very helpful and well-informed, as I know do lots of others. So, thank you.

i dont see the point, a bit like ebay feedback.

item number xxxxxxxxxxxx buy posative feedback

Nice of you to say xerxes. :)

breezer me owd mucker, do you have a better idea or not? As I've said, surely it's better than nothing.

As I've said, surely it's better than nothing.

why?

I am not worried that i will get zip, nothing, zero, SFA, because this is a forum, NOT a Q & A board.

I could say "i have more posts than you" BUT, i don't because it doesn't bother me.

Like wise if poster D has 10 thankyou's and poster K has 20 thankyou's does that make poster K better than poster D? or is it that as i first suggested people genuinley forget to say thanks (look how many say thanks now) not to mention the poster K hates poster S and gives bad "feedback" about poster S just because one hates the other.

to me it seems a waste of time to impliment such a thing.

I think you're reading into my suggestion a bit more than you should breezer. I couldn't care less about how many posts I, you or anyone else has - anyone can get that total high quite easily yet contribute nothing.
The reason I suggested it was so that new visitors to the site would have something to go off to see what kind of person they're dealing with - one who has been shown to give advice that has worked out right or someone that has little value to add.

It might be a forum by name, but most of the forum IS a Q&A board. There's only really a few sections of this forum that are a proper "forum" in the true sense of the word, and as such, I think people would find it a useful tool to see which are the regular posters that actually have a useful input.

Sponsored Links
Back