Scribing to uneven walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm putting up skirting (ogee). The walls in the room aren't perfectly vertical at the corners ( is anything! :) ?). If i fix the skirting tight to the wall, when I cut the profile out for the scribed joint, theres a big gap when I offer the scribed piece to the fixed piece ( because of the untrue wall ). Should I a .) "adjust" the scribed joint to take up the gap or b.)pack the fixed piece of skirting off the wall so its vertical ( thus allowing the scribed joint to fit nicely ) and then fill the gap with caulk. Does anyone know the "proper" way to do this ?
Many Thanks in advance
:confused:

Sponsored Links
I would say it depnds on how far out it is and whats going on at the other end of your fixed piece. If for example you have an external mitre at the other end, then whilst this can be adjusted to work it may look terrible either at the mitre or somewhere along the length

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back