Scruffy neighbours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought my house 7 years ago on a lovely quiet street, I've now got 3 properties in the middle that are totally scruffy and make it look a mess. 2 are builders using the garden as a builders yard and one is a renter with a fridge in the garden. Council aren't interested unless rats are present please can some one help me out cos I'm sick of it all

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I bought my house 7 years ago on a lovely quiet street, I've now got 3 properties in the middle that are totally scruffy and make it look a mess. 2 are builders using the garden as a builders yard and one is a renter with a fridge in the garden. Council aren't interested unless rats are present please can some one help me out cos I'm sick of it all

I feel your pain. Bloody awful.
Be like living next door to noseall.

Sponsored Links

Thanks

Unless it's a noise issue I can't see why you are bothered by it so much. I take it you have never lived next to noisy neighbours that keep you up all night and disturb your peace? I have. This entirely different from someone who doesn't care about keeping up apperances. I would think myself lucky if I was you.

Why just confine your snobbery and prejudices to just "scruffy" people?

I feel your pain. Bloody awful.
Be like living next door to noseall.
Sorry Nosey,

But that was funny.........:ROFLMAO:.....;)

Probably all relative really. I'm sure there are neighbours who think our garden is on the scruffy side , we have on the front three old toilets as plant pots , a herb bed that must look like weeds to some , a patch of potatoes ( last year at least , something different going in this year) two cars , a van , two trailers and a pile of wood and bits . Contrast that to eight out of ten houses over the road that are just concrete , Tarmac or blocks , not a scrap of vegetation . Is that expanse of bland nothingness really any better than ours?

Probably all relative really. I'm sure there are neighbours who think our garden is on the scruffy side , we have on the front three old toilets as plant pots , a herb bed that must look like weeds to some , a patch of potatoes ( last year at least , something different going in this year) two cars , a van , two trailers and a pile of wood and bits . Contrast that to eight out of ten houses over the road that are just concrete , Tarmac or blocks , not a scrap of vegetation . Is that expanse of bland nothingness really any better than ours?
Perhaps the terms 'minimalist' compared to 'cluttered' would be better descriptions.
Personally, if I was your neighbour I'd probably use 'scruffy!';)
To be honest, I have five trailers, two caravans, three cars, a tractor, a digger, lots of other bits 'n bobs, but I try to keep 'em hidden, at least from kerbside.

Probably all relative really. I'm sure there are neighbours who think our garden is on the scruffy side , we have on the front three old toilets as plant pots ,
Yeah, I think I would prefer not to see toilets!! Make me gag a little, old bogs.

I don't really care what people do in their back gardens within reason, but the front should be kept clear and neighbours space respected. If you find it hard to park near your own house because someone has too many vehicles, trailers etc or if they want to sell up, it's not really fair on them to struggle or lose money.
My main issue is my next door neighbour who leaves their dogs mess everywhere because they don't walk the dog. There's on average 40 turds on the garden before they clear up, and by clear up I mean pile together in the corner or push against the edges of the garden including our boundary fence. In the meantime when the turds get a bit wet, they start running under the fence into our garden. And since they moved in 2 years ago we've had the worst fly problem I've ever experienced. I asked them not to wash down their path with the hose because it all came running into my garden and the poo water was about 3" deep for me to wade in and I got denial and abuse in response - delightful people. They have a 4 year old who plays in the garden too!

Probably all relative really. I'm sure there are neighbours who think our garden is on the scruffy side , we have on the front three old toilets as plant pots ,
Yeah, I think I would prefer not to see toilets!! Make me gag a little, old bogs.
Ah , if just the toilet pans make you gag you'd best not come round when I'm picking the alpine strawberries that are growing in them .
You have my sympathies with the dog muck. Some of my work use to involve cutting the grass on a young lad's house and that was always littered with the stuff. I used to keep a pair of wellys in a bag to put on just for that one job. Horrible.

Sponsored Links
Back