1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Scruffy neighbours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ljjt, 3 Apr 2016.

1. Ljjt

Ljjt

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I bought my house 7 years ago on a lovely quiet street, I've now got 3 properties in the middle that are totally scruffy and make it look a mess. 2 are builders using the garden as a builders yard and one is a renter with a fridge in the garden. Council aren't interested unless rats are present please can some one help me out cos I'm sick of it all

Thanks

Last edited: 3 Apr 2016
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Consider moving. Nimbys need to live alone.

4. Ljjt

Ljjt

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Who would buy with scruffy neighbours?

5. LastMagicBean

LastMagicBean

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I feel your pain. Bloody awful.
    Be like living next door to noseall.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. HawkEye244

HawkEye244

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Unless it's a noise issue I can't see why you are bothered by it so much. I take it you have never lived next to noisy neighbours that keep you up all night and disturb your peace? I have. This entirely different from someone who doesn't care about keeping up apperances. I would think myself lucky if I was you.

7. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Why just confine your snobbery and prejudices to just "scruffy" people?

8. fender

fender

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sorry Nosey,

But that was funny.........:ROFLMAO:.....;)

9. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not fair. I've got a lock-up for all my junk and I've had my ten year old extension signed off just before Christmas.

10. Sponsored Links
  11. Brigadier

Brigadier

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's not what you know......(y)

12. vokera80e

vokera80e

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Put a freezer and an old telly in your garden... meek em jealous.:LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  13. ladylola

ladylola

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Probably all relative really. I'm sure there are neighbours who think our garden is on the scruffy side , we have on the front three old toilets as plant pots , a herb bed that must look like weeds to some , a patch of potatoes ( last year at least , something different going in this year) two cars , a van , two trailers and a pile of wood and bits . Contrast that to eight out of ten houses over the road that are just concrete , Tarmac or blocks , not a scrap of vegetation . Is that expanse of bland nothingness really any better than ours?

14. Himaginn

Himaginn

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Perhaps the terms 'minimalist' compared to 'cluttered' would be better descriptions.
    Personally, if I was your neighbour I'd probably use 'scruffy!';)
    To be honest, I have five trailers, two caravans, three cars, a tractor, a digger, lots of other bits 'n bobs, but I try to keep 'em hidden, at least from kerbside.

15. Yeah, I think I would prefer not to see toilets!! Make me gag a little, old bogs.

I don't really care what people do in their back gardens within reason, but the front should be kept clear and neighbours space respected. If you find it hard to park near your own house because someone has too many vehicles, trailers etc or if they want to sell up, it's not really fair on them to struggle or lose money.
    My main issue is my next door neighbour who leaves their dogs mess everywhere because they don't walk the dog. There's on average 40 turds on the garden before they clear up, and by clear up I mean pile together in the corner or push against the edges of the garden including our boundary fence. In the meantime when the turds get a bit wet, they start running under the fence into our garden. And since they moved in 2 years ago we've had the worst fly problem I've ever experienced. I asked them not to wash down their path with the hose because it all came running into my garden and the poo water was about 3" deep for me to wade in and I got denial and abuse in response - delightful people. They have a 4 year old who plays in the garden too!

16. Gerrydelasel

Gerrydelasel

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Secretly scatter food in their garden to attract rats? Nick stuff from the builder's garden, until he decides to lock it up elsewhere?

17. ladylola

ladylola

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ah , if just the toilet pans make you gag you'd best not come round when I'm picking the alpine strawberries that are growing in them .
    You have my sympathies with the dog muck. Some of my work use to involve cutting the grass on a young lad's house and that was always littered with the stuff. I used to keep a pair of wellys in a bag to put on just for that one job. Horrible.