seat ibiza 1.2 2004

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys my daughter has bought a car from bca preston today, we collect tomorrow so details are nto so good as yet.

we paid for the car and got the papers for it along with their apraisal sheet, which said vibration of clutch, so ive spoke to a feloow student- aprentice mechanic who recons its most likely to be a dual mass flywheel at fault, but he said that about my solid flywheel on my v/meriva

does anyone know what flywheel is on a seat ibiza 1.2 2004/54

and can anyone give any ideas as to what can cause vibrations of the clutch

Sponsored Links
A good way to find out is to see if there is a DMF listed on ebay, as far as I can see there isn't, there is one for a 1.8 and 1.9 but not a 1.2 so I would suspect it doesn't use one, many small engines don't.

Peter

You will need the engine code to be double sure. as you know its a 3 digit code that distinguishes the model. Some have solid flywheels or single mass flywheels at that engine size.

Vibration when pulling away can be a sign of clutch release bearing trouble or even engine mountings a little soft? It maybe because the car has been off the road for a while. WD40 in on the release gearing slide (not easy to get at) sometimes helps.

Loads of stuff for Seat clutches on E-Bay

Dual mass failure will cause vibration all the time, sometimes the engine appears to run rough/misfire

thanks for your imput guys, ill know more buy tomorrow afternoon when we collect it, i did ask the auction driver taking it through what the play was like and he said it was fine no slipping or nothing but that at 2 miles per hour so to speak but unfortunatly we was unable to inspect until the car was started by their men at point of auction sale.

i did think 1.2 was a bit small for a dmf but it was suggested by one of the aprentice student so just had to check with you expert mechanics with auto data and bags of experience behind you.
so i guess ill leave any further post till tomorrow now until i know more
again thanks guys

Sponsored Links
weve picked up the car and there is a problem with the clutch, during use my daughter complain her leg was being shaken and i sat in the passenger seat and could feel the car shudder abit but no noticable noise from it.

Back