SEAT LEON 1.4 PETROL V KIA CEED 1.4 PETROL

M

martineire

Hi lads i was thinking of buying either a seat leon 1.4 petrol or a kia ceed 1.4 which do ye think is the better car? better mpg etc...... Any advice? Thanks. O and i forgot to add i will be buying second hand 2007 or 2008

Sponsored Links
May I suggest that you have a good test drive on both cars.....
The Kia has an excellent warranty, but it isn't as good as the VAG product - build quality is ok but nothing special. Also, as the Kia needs to go back to the dealer for servicing they do tend to be rather dramatic regarding replacement of non warranty items (brakes etc) - but thats only my opinion.
The Kia is the brisker car for its engine capacity - 1.4 is a bit small for the petrol engine...could you stretch towards the 1600 on both vehicles?
The Seat in particular is a heavy car for a small petrol engine.
Both cars are easy to maintain and have no particular foibles in that area.
John :)

Yea i am going to go for the 1.6 in the seat leon the 1.4 is just to small for the car. Would i be right in saying i would prob get more mpg out of the 1.6 because sometimes the smaller engine (1.4) have to be pushed that much harder to make reasonsble progress?

I do think the 1.6 would be the better vehicle really...I can only comment on the Kia though, and that was a crisp petrol car - went very well.
Naturally though VAG have a 1.4 which is both turbo and super charged and thats in a different class again.
Your fuel consumption view is shared by me, but I only have diesel vehicles these days so I can't comment with any facts!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yea i am going to go for the 1.6 in the seat leon the 1.4 is just to small for the car. Would i be right in saying i would prob get more mpg out of the 1.6 because sometimes the smaller engine (1.4) have to be pushed that much harder to make reasonsble progress?

I have the diesel version so look at Ceed forums. With the Ceed, the 1.4 is reckoned to be the smoother and more economical than the 1.6. Reports seem to suggest 33-38 for the 1.6 and 35-40 for the 1.4.

I think the "pushing harder" business is a red herring; an engine is inherently more efficient when working harder. Other factors are at play when comparisons are made.

Back