Replacing The SpaceStar?

It looks very good, ticks all the boxes and we wish you all the luck with it!
I personally do rate Kia / Hyundai but most of the vehicles that have come to me have been diesel.
If it was mine (don't want to sound patronising here) I'd reduce the oil change interval to around 6k and very carefully observe the oil level and therefore consumption, and it's at this mileage that I replace the alternator belt, whatever the make.
Be lucky!
Regards
John :)
It had an AA inspection and there was some wear on two tyres, a worn wiper blade and an alternator drive belt that was looking past its best.

I came to an arrangement with the seller to swap all the tyres for Michelin CC2s and he fitted a new drive belt and wiper blades.

I will change the oil frequently. Mileages won't be huge, so I'll do it on a time basis.
Thank you everybody.

Sponsored Links
Been out in it a few times now. It's a decent motor. The engine gives out an odd noise (1 litre 3 cylinder) but it makes good progress and is comfortable over bumps, unlike our new EV.

Interested to know how the ISG (stop/ start) works as it hasn't kicked in so far. But my lad doesn't seem too bothered.

IMG_20240218_215333_HDR.jpg

Interested to know how the ISG (stop/ start) works as it hasn't kicked in so far. But my lad doesn't seem too botheredView attachment 333563
If it's any thing like VW's you have to put the car in neutral and hold the car still on the foot brake. Applying the Emergency (hand) brake will cause the engine to start.

Sponsored Links
You don't have to apply the brake for a VW to cut out, in fact I think it's a bit a flaw in VW's, you can effectively roll down a hill albeit very slowly without the stop start turning the engine back on.

Back