securing conduit with pink grip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install 20mm oval PVC conduit in channels for Part P first fix check. Is it OK to use pink grip or similar? Or do I have to use clips?

Sponsored Links
IMO you can secure it how you like so long as it's not a nail or screw straight through the middle ;) ;) ;)

I want to install 20mm oval PVC conduit in channels for Part P first fix check. Is it OK to use pink grip or similar? Or do I have to use clips?

It'll be fine as long as the pink grip doesn't melt the plastic, some of the 'grip' products are solvent based ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
some of them are not suitable for fixing pvc less than 3mm thick as sunray said. cant you get some crampets??

Brush the dust out of the chase, spray with water, trowel in a bit of filler or plaster, push the conduit in, remove any gloop that squeezes out.

Brush the dust out of the chase, spray with water, trowel in a bit of filler or plaster, push the conduit in, remove any gloop that squeezes out.
:) That's what I did in the bedroom for a 300mm length behind the skirting board. Actually, after priming the chase with PVA, I applied the Easi-Fill ('cos it's an adhesive too) to the back of the conduit and pressed home - easier than trying to get to the back of the chase.

Unfortunately, for notifiable work in the kitchen, the LABC electrician wants to see the conduit/wiring exposed for first-fix inspection. The 'trouble' with the above method is that the conduit tends to get fixed and covered in one go.

the LABC electrician wants to see the conduit/wiring exposed for first-fix inspection. The 'trouble' with the above method is that the conduit tends to get fixed and covered in one go.

He won't be able to see the cable inside the conduit either, can't imagine it being a problem.
I'm just doing what I'm told. :(

Why not just get some galvanised plasterboard nails or similar and secure either side of the tube every 10 inches or so?

:) That's what I did in the bedroom for a 300mm length behind the skirting board. Actually, after priming the chase with PVA, I applied the Easi-Fill ('cos it's an adhesive too) to the back of the conduit and pressed home - easier than trying to get to the back of the chase.

Unfortunately, for notifiable work in the kitchen, the LABC electrician wants to see the conduit/wiring exposed for first-fix inspection. The 'trouble' with the above method is that the conduit tends to get fixed and covered in one go.

Behind the skirting boards :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Behind the skirting boards :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Might be ok if its a vertical chase going up to an accessory...

Don't panic...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back