1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Securing planning permission

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by Hazza24, 29 Jun 2020.

1. Hazza24

Hazza24

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello!

I am looking to have a single storey rear extension built.

When we moved into the house (late 2017), there was an existing permission granted for this work however this lapsed in Jan 2019.

I’m tempted to resubmit the same plans back in a new application to seek a new permission.

Are there any issues with me doing this and any problems that anyone could potentially foresee?

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. freddiemercurystwin

freddiemercurystwin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Only if the LA has changed their planning policy in the meantime. Unlikely but can happen.

4. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Or if the neighbours have done work in the meantime, that the extension would impact.

5. Hazza24

Hazza24

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    That’s useful to know. Hard to know if the local council have changed requirements but certainly no other changes in neighbouring properties that might obviously impact.
    Does anyone foresee issues with me re-using the same plans? Ie would the original architect have copy right etc?

6. DevilDamo

DevilDamo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It depends what’s stated on the drawings as to whether or not you require their consent to re-use and re-submit.

7. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    All drawings are copyright whether it is explicitly stated it or not

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links