Securing planning permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I am looking to have a single storey rear extension built.

When we moved into the house (late 2017), there was an existing permission granted for this work however this lapsed in Jan 2019.

I’m tempted to resubmit the same plans back in a new application to seek a new permission.

Are there any issues with me doing this and any problems that anyone could potentially foresee?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Or if the neighbours have done work in the meantime, that the extension would impact.

That’s useful to know. Hard to know if the local council have changed requirements but certainly no other changes in neighbouring properties that might obviously impact.
Does anyone foresee issues with me re-using the same plans? Ie would the original architect have copy right etc?

Sponsored Links
It depends what’s stated on the drawings as to whether or not you require their consent to re-use and re-submit.

All drawings are copyright whether it is explicitly stated it or not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back