Selling 2nd Hand gas appliances - regs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Are there any rules/regs/laws on selling 2nd hand gas appliances??

I'm putting in CH into my new house and taking out fairly new Main Medway multi-point heater & 3x Baxi Brazilia gas wall heaters.

Is it legal to sell them? - they're in pretty good nick.

Cheers,

Graham

Sponsored Links
Yes its fine, keep all fittings and instructions with them. The problem will be for who ever has them installed but there are no legal implications your end.

dont know of any regs about selling,as long as no known faults,but i dont fit 2nd hand appliances unless i have removed them

I don't know about the selling of but corgis official stance on the fitting of second hand is, it's ok if the appliance is sound and has user and installation instructions with it. I can't see selling being legislated for because new appliance sellers needn't be registered.

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
weargas said:
3 of us all posting at once!! That's service!

and with the same advice...thats a miracle!

Oh My Good Gawd

someone bring me smelling salts I got the vapours

Right this aint the way to carry on

NO YOU MUST DO IT for some reason that for the moment escapes me, but i am sure to think of something

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dont worry, I expect Softus or Water Systems ( under his new and appropriate name of Dr Drivel ) will soon be quoting what you have all said and disagreeing!

Tony

Drivel and WS are not one and the same

Drivel is our pet troll in uk.d-i-y

GrahamT said:
Hi

Are there any rules/regs/laws on selling 2nd hand gas appliances??

I'm putting in CH into my new house and taking out fairly new Main Medway multi-point heater & 3x Baxi Brazilia gas wall heaters.

Is it legal to sell them? - they're in pretty good nick.

Cheers,

Graham

no... sell `em..

i know a contractor who had all the old boilers removed on a council contract and had all the old boilers delivered to where he lived and striped them all down and sold the parts on e bay he was doing it for years and made a fortune.

You don`t know a contractor...you have just made that up...like your fictional company...you don`t know enough to service a gas appliance...& you are a mentalist....welcome back Bob....

MOD 2

if you want to TRY and be clever start another thread
ok

AND KEEP IT CIVIL

ok kevplumb,s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back