Servicing my Vaillant boiler

Don't assume it'll be that expensive. You'll find people that want to keep you as a customer and are honest enough to carry out a thorough job are usually honest enough not to overcharge.

Eg. I know someone who charges about £100ish to service older combi's. He does a good job, rarely has to charge more but won't get off his *rse for less.

Sponsored Links
Don't assume it'll be that expensive. You'll find people that want to keep you as a customer and are honest enough to carry out a thorough job are usually honest enough not to overcharge.

Eg. I know someone who charges about £100ish to service older combi's. He does a good job, rarely has to charge more but won't get off his *rse for less.

I always prepare for the worst when it comes to servicing or repairing anything to do with house or car, and if it turns out cheaper, then it's a nice surprise. :D
You're in Hertfordshire, not far from me as I'm in Barnet. I'm sure the engineer I've got coming will be fine (do you happen to know an engineer called Ravi at central heatline services in Edgware? good testimonials on his site) but if not, I could maybe call on your services.

For what its worth, we would charge £70+VAT for a service assuming no seals.

If it turned out it needed seals, then nominally you would be looking at the cost of the seals then a bit extra for the journey time to get them.

However, we are going to be looking at stocking them soon.

So I think you'll find the costs are much of a muchness as we cover the N and NW postcodes too.

I might add that we have several ecoTECs on our books and have only had to change the seals on the first generation and their glow worm brethren of the same age.

Just to clarify what I would do.

I would check that seals are not leaking and if combustion readings are normal would not open boiler ( needing new seals ). I follow the general advice that they are best only opened on the third service.

Check the EXV pressure as failure to do that can cause an F75 fault.

Check the gas supply pressure at the meter and boiler.

Visually inspect the inside and pipe connections underneath.

Might check ignition electrode gap depending on how quietly it ignites.

Ask owner of any issues and see if he is using the controls in the most economic manner.

If I decide to open the chamber then I just charge for the seals as an extra £20.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry, yes I always check/clean the trap during a service as well as any other visit.

So automatic that I did not list it.

Tony

I can charge about half of that.

BUT its on a basis of fit it in when I can.

I also usually wait a week before a non warranty invoked service to discourage those who really have a fault.

A routine service is on the basis that the boiler is working normally and there are no known issues.

For a repair I charge more but go the same day when possible.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back