Servowarm Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved house. The central heating is controlled by a 'Servowarm 972' controller. Does anyone know how to change the default programme settings, or where I can get a manual from please? I have managed to change the date & time, but the programmes are proving more difficult.

Sponsored Links
why the sarcastic reply? if some one supplies something with their name on it, they should be the first place to ask about it.

would it make you feel better if the reply had been british gas?

Sponsored Links
chr1s23 said:
thanks! that's a great help!
So would you like me to look it up for you? Perhaps you'd like me to explain how Google works? Or would you like me to phone them up and ask for the manual for you? just say and I shall be delighted to assist.

Easier said than done!

Servowarm is now owned by Homeserve which seems heavily into extended warranty cover. presumably Servowarm was a convenient vehicle to buy with an existing bevy of engineers.

Nothing on the site about real equipment particularly older programmers.

Tony

Agile said:
Easier said than done!
If Servowarm manufacture boilers they are surely obliged to supply manuals for them. How else can we service and repair them? If they won't supply manuals, they should not be allowed to put CE marks on their products.

Ah! Perhaps you are not familiar with the Servowarm saga Chris.

One assumes they DID supply a user manual when they were originally fitted. Thats not relevant now!

When someone purchased a Servowarm boiler, they were assured of a complete service for the life of the system ( by Servowarm )

They did not need anyone else to know anything about their boilers because they were already maintained ( by Servowarm ).

There was no need for supplies of spare parts because they were already available ( only from Servowarm ).

They were very cheap systems, even under £1000 ! Some did not have a float valve in the F&E tank! Others were filled in a "vase" in the corner.

Of course over the years some RGIs have sussed out which of "their" boilers are really rebadged other makes. I will go out to them, but many won't !

Presumably BG had some kind of dispensation and got supplies of spares. There was some softening of the stranglehold as Servowarm waned ( and may have gone bust and been rejuvenated? ) and I think many spares are now on the open market or perhaps HRPC just supply the OEM bits that they have decoded.

I may be totally wrong. Perhaps some of the older RGIs here could add a little more information?

Tony

Thanks for that, Tony. I knew some of the background, but not that much. Certainly I'm wary of getting involved with their boilers or systems - very cheap and nasty. Incidentally they have recently been advising people with Servowarm systems 10 years old or more that their boilers are obsolete (Google on Servowarm for details - it's an ASA judgement)!

Agile said:
Presumably BG had some kind of dispensation and got supplies of spares. Tony

Only spares available for these are what hrpc and such provide or standard universal parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back