SET60CV Lighting Transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Any one know of a uk supplier (or online store) were I could purchase (one) SET60CV lighting transformer.

If an alternative transformer is recommended then it must be the same physical size with the hole in as it's to replace one in a light fitting.

Any advice would be appreciated..

(Oh and I have googled!)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for the post. How ever I had already (as mentioned) googled this and found the page you have highlighted. But sadly you can only order from them if you want 500! (Minimum Order 500pcs). And I only need one!

say's "sample available? :yes" so bull them that you are a small lighting manufacturer and are sourcing suitable transformers, or that you are a repair shop or an e-bay shop etc...

Sponsored Links
ok, bad forum joo joo to reply to your own post but nevermind hey?

I've found the e-mail address for the german subsidiary ( is that the right word? ) of the Chinese company that makes them..

I've sent them an e-mail saying I'm a small repair firm that's had several requests in the last few weeks about these particular transformers, and asked for their best price and minimum order quantity, or the name of a UK supplier who may be able to get them...

I'll let you know the results..

I also sugested that they might want to start an ebay shop selling spares as there is no one on there selling them and apparently quite a high demand....

I wouldn't bother trying to buy an Eaglerise transformer, especially if it is for a bathroom fitting. I have just taken down the second fitting in less than 12 months. Both fittings had a SET110LV transformer and both had a burn mark on the inside of the transformer on the primary side.

your link is typed wrong. try this

but they have none in stock :cry:

and although an ordainairy "transformer" will not fit, it will be better and cheaper

if you google rd60 you will find one in stock alternatively go to an electrical wholesalers like wf,neweys,cef etc they all deal with aurora

come on breezer - why the hard time

it was not meant to be taken as "a hard time"

you forget, you first said

you just need to google rd60

You should bear in mind that when offering advice, if it "feels right" people will do as you suggest. if the OP had of done as you did say, he would have got a motorbike, which is not very useful for transforming voltage is it?

you then changed it to

"aurora rd60" or "aurora au-rd60"
bear in mind what i have already said.

if they have none ring your local elec wholesaler i know for a fact that most if not all deal with aurora
mine dont.

and believe it or not, not all people know where to find an electrical wholesaler or are willing to walk into one.

I am doing this because i can see you know what you mean, i understand what you mean, but the OP can only follow what you type which was wrong, so its not really a "hard time" just giving you some helpful friendly advice

Intram Barwell do one like the aurora ones.
I will get part no asap

Breezer

You posted at 10.46pm - That elec wholesalers in your area don't deal with Aurora, i'm pretty sure they don't at that time of night as i couldn't name one that opens that late at night most are closed by 6pm where i live. I can also understand most people would not know where to find a local wholesaler which is why i listed a few

wf elec
cef (city electrical factors)
newey & eyre
edmundsons elec
rexel senate

These are the majors but lots of independents also - Just look in your local yellow pages or yell.com for them

what does the time of his post have to do with whether or not his wholesalers carry aurora bits?

most sparkies have a good knowledge of what their regular supplier do and do not carry..

for instance, I know that my local edmunsons don't do merlin gerin breakers or boards..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back