Setting up air compressor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.. I’ve just bought an air compressor on eBay and the connections aren’t as I expected.. I’ve been onto screwfix and completely confused myself now with sizes and what not…. I’ve put a picture of the connection on the compressor. Could anyone offer any guidance with what I need to get just to get me started please.

Thanks
Duncan image.jpgimage.jpg

Sponsored Links
no expert
but expected use 'required capacity for the tool and air tank capacity needed
in otherwords the possible use and ability to supply enough air as required

so check its sutable for expected use before spending time and money

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Duncan, I think you’ll need a 1/4” male quick release air line outlet fitting for this, or possibly 1/2” male.
Machine Mart have what you need, great if there is a shop near you?
John

John it's not a quick release, it has an internal thread, probably a pipe thread. That is usually where the pressure switch fits, the gauge, and a pressure reducing valve, then finally a quick release socket. I think I can see a pressure safety valve, extreme right of the second photo. A photo from further back, wider shot might help.

you need a female quick release air fitting with a BSP male end on it (it’s probably 1/4” but could be 3/8” or 1/2” - bear in mind that’s not the diameter of the thread)

There are quite a few different quick release fitting types but the most common are Euro and PCL.

just to confuse things quick release are available in double and single release - single is fine for most applications, but they do come apart if you stand on them.
ME6-3SFO.jpg

John it's not a quick release, it has an internal thread, probably a pipe thread. That is usually where the pressure switch fits, the gauge, and a pressure reducing valve, then finally a quick release socket. I think I can see a pressure safety valve, extreme right of the second photo. A photo from further back, wider shot might help.
Notch has pictured what I meant Harry - I just didn't explain it too well!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back