Sewage pipe for dormer toilet

Sponsored Links
Well I've spoken to three people so far and have not managed to get anyone to show any interest in undertaking the work. I'm currently doing some courses at the Builder Training Center in Waddon so maybe will ask someone there whether they know of anyone competent. Otherwise it's back to macerator land.

Maybe it would help if you would let us know whereabouts in the country you are??

Sponsored Links
Well I understand that a large part of the cost will be in bringing in a tower through the back of the house and erecting it so it won't be cheap. Exactly what the cost should be I have no idea though. I would consider anything under £1k I suppose.

If the house was a Bungalow, I would rip your arm off but I really do not like heights, I usually send the Apprentice up to do this kind of thing.

I don't mind if he's an Afghan terrorist if he can do the job properly. The plumbers are put off by the tiling and I think the builders can't be bothered because they need to bring a tower through the garage round the back of the house to get to the job. I may speak to my original contact again who is doing a loft conversion across the road. If I can't get anywhere it's a new macerator unfortunately.

To be honest, the job doesn't phaze me, I do that sort of thing all the time on Bathroom fits.

I feel you have just been unlucky with your Plumbers.

ohh he gonna whack you

ambulance-016.gif

with his zimmer frame :LOL: ;)

Just to cover off this topic I finally got the work done by a building contractor for £450 + £170 materials (including fitting a new toilet). They had to run the pipe over the roof mostly as apparently the steel joist holding the dormer room up was in the way underneath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back