Sewage tank install.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just had a small sewage tank installed externally to house(610x635mm)to pump the waste from our utility room up the driveway to the existing sewage outlet. The installers seemed to be in a hurry which concerned me, i did check with the pump suppliers who said it should be dropped in a wet mix and slowly filled and filled with water and then continue to fill 150mm concrete bottom and sides. Concrete all seems dry still not wet? Also the soil pipe buried coming out of the house beneath dpc is also backfilled with dry mix concrete is this right? Should it be shingle? Can supply pics

Sponsored Links
Ive just had a small sewage tank installed externally to house(610x635mm)to pump the waste from our utility room up the driveway to the existing sewage outlet. The installers seemed to be in a hurry which concerned me, i did check with the pump suppliers who said it should be dropped in a wet mix and slowly filled and filled with water and then continue to fill 150mm concrete bottom and sides. Concrete all seems dry still not wet? Also the soil pipe buried coming out of the house beneath dpc is also backfilled with dry mix concrete is this right? Should it be shingle? Can supply pics
Anything wet during these low temp's is never good. The absence of large amounts of water can only help as long as the concrete has enough moisture present to set. The frost will attack the surface but should leave the main body of concrete intact. Soil pipes can be surrounded in concrete, yes. However, it makes sense to allow for movement of pipes where they exit a structure, particularly if they are clay.

Here is an attached picture they said due to the pipe exit height it had to be dig in beneath ground level. I already have standing water forming around it. Will I need some sort of brick surround to stop water getting in?

Attachments

• 167100935046651569516745141844.jpg
    167100935046651569516745141844.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 16710093979178692739543177155652.jpg
    16710093979178692739543177155652.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 46
Is the area where it's situated likely to floor/ever flooded? If so, it makes sense to put some kind of bund around the cover to prevent ingress of surface water which could cause unnecessary running of the pump to keep the level down, if not, I wouldn't worry.

My main concerns would be protection of the chamber and/or rising main if either or both are likely to have vehicular traffic running over the top, and some kind of protection for the power cable, which doesnt look very robust.

Sponsored Links
Is the area where it's situated likely to floor/ever flooded? If so, it makes sense to put some kind of bund around the cover to prevent ingress of surface water which could cause unnecessary running of the pump to keep the level down, if not, I wouldn't worry.

My main concerns would be protection of the chamber and/or rising main if either or both are likely to have vehicular traffic running over the top, and some kind of protection for the power cable, which doesnt look very robust.
Thanks Hugh no traffic here it's off the driveway so safe from that. Also the cable will shortly be properly glanded and either swa or whatever armour protection needed back to the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back