shaky1105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/Gledhill/ShowerCyl Cylinders/ShowerCyl Gravity Hot water Cylinders.htm

ShowerCyl%20005%201%20sml.jpg

There shyte , as I said the coil is nothing more than a sidewinder , surface area of HW coils is diabolical , high store temps will cause scale to both primary and secondary coils.
A thermal store allows for inhibitors due to the stored water being non-potable.:rolleyes:
I failed to notice any manufactures literature regarding coil loading/surface area/recommended store temperatures..:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Where did you get the 80°C from ?.

I had the cylinder custom built.
So @ what temperature is the water stored?
What are the dimensions of this custom made cylinder?
What is the surface area of mains fed coil?
What is the surface area of primary heating coil?
You had this custom made so the specifications should be at hand or something you wouldn't forget in a hurry.
BTW most manufactures recommend a minimum thermal store temp of 75c.

1000 mm tall, 500 mm diameter + insulation

The specification is in the archives, too late to dig them out now.

It is NOT a thermal store.

Hey Bernard , this must be one fook off sized unit in order to enable surface area of HW mains fed coil along with volume of water for gravity fed HW outlets.
Unless you're referring to what's known as a 'sidewinder' which was an add on and not supplied/recommended by any cylinder manufacturer.
These were also absoloute pants when fitted due to surface area of coil , also the cylinder was susceptible to scale due to high store temps.

I think he's trying to describe a IMI Showermax vented cylinder Steely, they were completely useless.
The Primary coil was too small & the recovery too long. Special flow rate limited shower valves & still completely cr.p!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back