Shamima Begum

Status
Not open for further replies.
its only Ellal on this thread that has turned it into a rant about UK foreign policy :whistle:
upload_2019-2-14_11-28-56.png

You're not very good at this, are you.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I find it difficult to believe that as the wife of a jihadi fighter, she was not witness to murdering, in the same way as any "gang" member might witness a stabbing and get done for joint enterprise.
Funny, isn't it, how not one banker or financial trader has ever been prosecuted under joint enterprise - "you worked on the same trading floor/in the same team as the rogue trader therefore we are holding you jointly responsible for his actions". We might find a keener interest in self-regulation developing.

Straight away the BBC try to appeal to your moral compass by calling her a 'schoolgirl' despite being 19 and not actually regretting what she has done.
And straight away Sammy shows that he really needs professional help to cure him of his delusional anti-BBC bias by deciding to insult everyone here by expecting us not to remember or be able to work out that in 2015 they were schoolgirls when they left, so "three schoolgirls who left east London in 2015" is quite correct.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have misunderstood what I wrote.

If she returns to the UK, it is likely she will become a lightning rod for both Islamic and far-right extremists in the UK. Which is why I say let the passing of time deal with her.

I understood what you wrote.

And straight away Sammy shows that he really needs professional help to cure him of his delusional anti-BBC bias by deciding to insult everyone here by expecting us not to remember or be able to work out that in 2015 they were schoolgirls when they left, so "three schoolgirls who left east London in 2015" is quite correct.

Even by your standards that's a poor argument.

You're not very good at this, are you.
I am very good at it (y) thank you for posting that definition it describes Ellals ranting most accurately

Ps in case you didn't realise a rant can be written as well as spoken.

Even by your standards that's a poor argument.
Firstly, you know nothing of standards except what you can see of them from underneath.

Secondly you had a pop at the BBC for describing 3 girls aged around 15 who were at school as schoolgirls when they were aged around 15 and were at school.

See what I mean about standards? You can't even muster any of basic intelligence, and you assume that nobody else can.

Ps in case you didn't realise a rant can be written as well as spoken.
In case you didn't realise, whether spoken, or written, or done in Morse code or semaphore or on an Aldis lamp, or in mime or through the medium of contemporary dance, this:

There is a plan to make it a criminal offence under the terrorism act for “Entering or remaining in an area designated as a terror risk by the home secretary".
(albeit not retrospective)

That is of course just allowing indiscriminate pronouncements of which area is politically expedient at any given time...

Funny how the UK is complicit in terrorist actions in the Yemen, but it's apparently not a problem simply because we are supplying huge amounts of weapons and intelligence to those who just happen to be some of our biggest arms buyers!

We've also got the ludicrous situation of UK citizens going to fight for 'our side' in various 'terrorist areas' but also accused of being terrorists...

Consistency is required!
Does not count as speaking/shouting/writing at length in an angry, impassioned way.

It really doesn't.

And you really aren't very good at this.

Looking at the interview, it looks very much like she has taken legal advice. To witness a beheading, could easily lead to charge under the doctrine of joint enterprise. I find it difficult to believe that as the wife of a jihadi fighter, she was not witness to murdering, in the same way as any "gang" member might witness a stabbing and get done for joint enterprise.

Well she knew full well what she was going there for - to be married to a Jihadi, not the sort of decision many would take unless they have a really deep engrained viewpoint.

She has no clear conscience in my mind.

I suppose if we're being technical a steel plate is very much the same as a machete, as in they're similar materials o_O

Bit of a reach for you to compare the aftermath of poverty and an RTA with premeditated murder.
Unfortunately you didn't understand the point...

I made it very clear that there is a difference between seeing an act happen/participating in it and the aftermath...

Some people are able to deal with the visual consequences and some aren't!

I didn't know how I would react, and I suggest neither would you.

We've probably all heard about the school girl who ran away to join ISIS and now wants to come home. I must admit, I can't make my mind up. On the one hand she was a vulnerable child when she left and we should help her, on the other she is an unrepentant jihadi bride.

help her, prosecute her or let her lay in the bed she created?[/QUOTE ) Either way she won't be able to run to the EU court of Lunacy -Like that one eyed hook bastard - not if we get our fingers out .

Unfortunately you didn't understand the point

I understood the point but it has little relevance given the context.

You knew what had happened to those people, as unfortunate as it was, it wasn't as a result of a butcher with a warped mind.

Well she knew full well what she was going there for - to be married to a Jihadi, not the sort of decision many would take unless they have a really deep engrained viewpoint.

She has no clear conscience in my mind.

In my mind, I'm still willing to allocate her a fair amount of 'stupid teenager syndrome' in her defence. However, that doesn't mean I'm willing to treat her as a victim. I don't find it credible that the ISIS atrocities occurred around her, without her assisting or encouraging them, being willing to assist had her husband required. Add that to her reasons for going in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back