Shamima Begum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Did not faze her seeing "beheaded heads"...would sure as fook faze me.
An interesting point, but...

Having travelled widely and seen a lot of poverty, a few events stick out...

I recall a bus I was travelling on came to a halt in northern Thailand, and I saw body on the road which had been decapitated by a steel plate carried on the back of a lorry.
(A policeman was poking the body with a stick, which was at the time quite comical)

I've also walked past dead bodies (in India) and witnessed horrible sights of self mutilation (in Nepal) by beggars hoping to get a bit of money...

So imo if you witness enough events (the number will of course vary individually), then you do get to a point where things don't tend to faze you as much as you would think...
(and most people use such experiences to show more compassion, not less)

After all, we often refer to our troops who have seen action as 'battle hardened'!

The problem comes if this girl participated in any such atrocities or still (as it appears) glorifies the acts...

Totally unacceptable!

on the other she is an unrepentant jihadi bride.
The exact reason I wouldn't let her back home. How long before she's trying to radicalise other young girls? She was a vulnerable child, she's now an adult and she's not sorry for her actions.

Oh look, notchy's record has stuck again...

Of course we must be sympathetic as it must be difficult for him not having the wherewithall to question anything he is spoon fed!
Yes I agree, we must be sympathetic to those afflicted with misery :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
An interesting point, but...

Having travelled widely and seen a lot of poverty, a couple of events stick out...

I recall a bus I was travelling on came to a halt in northern Thailand, and I saw body on the road which had been decapitated by a steel plate carried on the back of a lorry.
(A policeman was poking the body with a stick, which was at the time quite comical)

I've also walked past dead bodies (in India) and witnessed horrible sights of self mutilation (in Nepal) by beggars hoping to get a bit of money...

So imo if you witness enough events (the number will of course vary individually), then you do get to a point where things don't tend to faze you as much as you would think...

After all, we often refer to our troops who have seen action as 'battle hardened'!

The problem comes if this girl participated in any such atrocities or still (as it appears) glorifies the acts...

Totally unacceptable!
Completely different scenarios though aren't they? Apart from the soldiers and even a large amount of troops suffer PTSD... She doesn't seem sorry at all, I agree, unacceptable.

its only Ellal on this thread that has turned it into a rant about UK foreign policy :whistle:
Not my problem if you don't understand the meaning of 'hypocrisy'...

But hey, what should we expect of an uninformed notchy who admits he couldn't even tick the right box ;)

Mountain out of a molehill.

Let her make her way to a UK embassy (assuming she gets that far) and then put in as many roadblocks to her return.

She was 15 when she left so was a minor but her return will make her a focal point for radicals from the right and left.

Tough one but lets just let time play its part.

Completely different scenarios though aren't they? Apart from the soldiers and even a large amount of troops suffer PTSD
Maybe different, but I'm just pointing out that individual people react differently when faced with a particular 'scenario'...
There were other people that were totally freaked out on that bus, and I know at least one who headed straight back home!
And would they also not be susceptible to a form of PTSD?

I used those experiences later on for example to stay with a motorcyclist who sustained some horrible injuries (bones sticking out etc) while waiting for the emergency services, whilst some others who came over either walked away or threw up!

Desensitised is probably another apt word - some use it for good, others for bad!

She doesn't seem sorry at all, I agree, unacceptable.
That appears to be the evidence so far...

She wants to come back because she wants the best for her child. Am sure the parents of the people she's seen beheaded (and actions she condones) wanted the best for their children too, and not to be murdered by some crackpot ISIS twa ts.

Maybe different, but I'm just pointing out that individual people react differently when faced with a particular 'scenario'...
There were other people that were totally freaked out on that bus, and I know at least one who headed straight back home!
And would they also not be susceptible to a form of PTSD?

I used those experiences later on for example to stay with a motorcyclist who sustained some horrible injuries (bones sticking out etc) while waiting for the emergency services, whilst some others who came over either walked away or threw up!

Desensitised is probably another apt word - some use it for good, others for bad!
I am not disagreeing that people can become desensitised, after all, docs, the police etc all over the world must be desensitised to some extent.
It's just she's hardened to murder. That's what I mean as it's different to your scenarios. I think her stance is far worse than seeing accidents or people try and get money off tourists by hurting themselves.

I saw body on the road which had been decapitated by a steel plate carried on the back of a lorry.

I suppose if we're being technical a steel plate is very much the same as a machete, as in they're similar materials o_O

Bit of a reach for you to compare the aftermath of poverty and an RTA with premeditated murder.

Bit rich to call them radicals. Hardly like they're moving abroad to LARP as an Islamic extremist.

You seem to have misunderstood what I wrote.

If she returns to the UK, it is likely she will become a lightning rod for both Islamic and far-right extremists in the UK. Which is why I say let the passing of time deal with her.

Looking at the interview, it looks very much like she has taken legal advice. To witness a beheading, could easily lead to charge under the doctrine of joint enterprise. I find it difficult to believe that as the wife of a jihadi fighter, she was not witness to murdering, in the same way as any "gang" member might witness a stabbing and get done for joint enterprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back