Sharia law

Norcon said:
Its basic doctrine is live life to the full and don't give a damn about your neighbour. Its a selfish belief for a selfish people.

No it isn't! :eek: :eek: :eek: That would be anarchy, or maybe nihilism.

It's perfectly possible to construct a workable set of rules from scratch. The fundamental postulate (a fancy name for a leap of faith) that everybody is just as important as everybody else will get you a long way. An atheist on a religion-based version of Question Time put it thus:

"You (insert religion here) pick your morals off a supermarket shelf. We have to work ours out."

Sponsored Links
Atheism is a modern day evil because it has no moral compass or ethical teachings.
Its basic doctrine is live life to the full and don't give a damn about your neighbour. Its a selfish belief for a selfish people.
Atheism could never create people like Tariq Jahan or this gentleman.........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Wilson_(peace_campaigner)
Nor could atheism create people like my nephew, who with the help of his Church has just spent 12 months in Rwanda helping kids less fortunate than himself.
Nonsense.
X2.

:mad:

That would be anarchy

Which is what we have with looters running riot on the streets.
Some of them will be on here later with their stolen pc's preaching the virtues of evil atheism and denouncing religion.

Norcom how can you say that....there are thousands of non religious people who do the most amazing things.
I class myself as religion free.....I have been there ..... done that ..... been born again ..... now I am my own person.....I do not need God to make me a nice kind considerate person.....it is who I am .....I do nice things for people....not to earn 'brownie points' from God but because I genuinely care about people.
No wonder so many people are put off religion by that narrow minded point of view.

Sponsored Links
there are thousands of non religious people who do the most amazing things

Ok perhaps "evil" is too strong a sentiment.
I bet they are not on here though denouncing those who follow a faith.

Norcon I am not denouncing people who have a faith....we all have a choice,
what I don't like is religious people who somehow think they are better than I am.
I have had a huge amount of dealings with the Christan church and trust me Norcom in so many areas it is found wanting. I don't like self righteous people telling me I am bound for hell when they are no better than I am.
I am not getting at you personally .....its the church that in so many ways that really bugs me.
I don't want to offend you .....but its sore point with me.

My missus used to know this woman who was forever going on about her church and her beliefs

Turns out that half the church were cheating on their partners with other members, back stabbing each other and all sorts of dodgy stuff

I know Muslim Guys who regularly cheat on their wives, do drugs and drink

I dont mind anyone doing any of the above JUST DONT MAKE OUT YOU DONT!

and DONT MAKE OUT your so SUPERIOR

You are NO Better and infact just hypocritical

Somebody wrote this:

, recinded at the last moment, a woman stoned to death for adultery
Then Ironnaz replied with this
The same sentance applies to the man.

As if that somehow makes the whole act of stoning someone to death less barbarically stoneage and unacceptable. :LOL: :LOL:

Atheism is a modern day evil because it has no moral compass or ethical teachings.

If you need religion to teach you right from wrong and basic human decency, then there's either something lacking in you, or I would suggest that it reflects poorly on your parental upbringing.

Evolution is not just a theory, it's scientific fact.

thatbloke said:
Evolution is not fact , it is a theory

cajar said:
The theory of evolution is considered fact by scientists

*that bloke whisks off to wikipedia*

thatbloke said:
Evolution is both a fact and a theory

Well done you.

Now if you only realise how nonsensical your notion that 'the establishment' are suppressing truths in science you'll be well on the way to a reasoned understanding of the world instead of the left-wing hippie propoganda your head is full of.

Science by its very nature changes its mind when it is proved wrong. When alternative remedies work, they cease to become alternative because the mainstream adopts them. The same cannot be said about the 'alternative' community, who, despite centuries of proof their beliefs are wrong still hang onto faith in everything from accupuncture to jesus.

If you need religion to teach you right from wrong and basic human decency, then there's either something lacking in you, or I would suggest that it reflects poorly on your parental upbringing.

If you need atheism to teach you right from wrong then I feel sorry for you.
Have you worked out your morals yet?
OOh I forgot. Silly me. You don't have any. :LOL: :LOL:

If you need atheism to teach you right from wrong then I feel sorry for you.

Silly reply, athiesm is a lack of belief, that's all.
I personally know the difference between right and wrong, and don't need the reward and punishment approach of some man made belief system to point me in the right direction.

Sponsored Links
Back