Shipping container

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I'm looking to buy or long lerm rent a shipping container, but it's not something I've ever looked into before.

Just after some pointers for the best place to start looking, and also if anyone has done it before, how easy is it to sort out?

Are there any things I need to look for / avoid?

Are there many stolen containers knocking about? How would I avoid these?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
how long term?
got a place to store it or are you looking for starage too when not in use?
what size? they come in varying lengths..
for general storage or would you need it kitted out all nice?

while it is an american site, this has some usefull info on new and used containers and some of the pitfalls etc..

one here for about £100ish ( at time of posting.. )

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I have an idea that to use them on the road (may include delivery and collection) they have to be certified as safe from time to time, like an MOT. I suppose this means the mountings are not rusted or broken and the doors will not fly open.

Sponsored Links
where are you putting it? my father in law put a small one on his land and was forced to remove it by the planning dept.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back