Shock from water in the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Have lived in my house for 5 years and have never encountered this problem. Yesterday my daughter turned on the cold water tap in the bathroom to wash her hands, when she put her hands under the running cold water she got a tingle in her hands and up her arms like an electric shock, she then called me and i tried it and got the same, we turned on the bath and again got a shock from the running water. My daughter picked up her flannel (wet) from the bath and got a shock from that too. It appears to be only upstairs, as the shower and sink downstairs are fine. What is this?? Can anyone tell me? thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
This is definitely a job that requires an electrician. As suggested asap.

Do not use the basin or the bath until this is rectified.

Sponsored Links
The O/P would have you believe that a 'shock' is to be had from running water and from a wet flannel.

Some of you seem happy to react to this very silly wind-up.........

Lucia.

Quite possibly starspak1 and his little firend ilovecollege on his/their usual wind up mission!!!

Picking up a wet flannel from a metalic bathtub is still a viable way of recieving an electric shock if the bathtub is at a different potential to the eq. zone.

Anyhow I thought ilovecollege (or was it alovecollege) was your alter ego RMS, starspark being one of your supervisees in the firm where you work?

Don't talk so wet, Spark 123, for goodness' sake.....

Lucia.

I know, ive read it.

Like I said, I'll let you and whoever else on the forum draw their own conclusions.

I'd rather exclude myself from these stupid wind ups and concentrate on real forum issues.

RF: I'm not impressed by that silly youtuba film. That lady clearly said that that electrocuton was due to contact with the metallic bath taps -but in that particular case, the Coroner did not agree with her.

Apart from that, the O/P here, is going on about receiving 'shocks' from the running water itself - and even from a wet flannel.

Too ridiculous for words......

Lucia.

RFs film certainly seems to illustrate a very plausable fault to me lucia, what is it you don't beleive about it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back