Shotgun Cabinet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can any of you experts help me? I have just moved into a house built in 2001 and all the walls are dry lined, but somehow I need to mount a shotgun cabinet to one of the main walls. Any ideas how I can go about this. I’ve moved from an all brick Victorian house where it was previously mounted happily with 4x 10mm rawl bolts. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Fraz

Sponsored Links
Have you asked the local constabulary for their input? I have fixed a gun cabinet to the wall of a house in the past which had stud walls, but the inspecting officer insisted on having the cabinet fixed (Rawlbolts) to an outside (masonry) wall as "they can't be cut-through with a demolition saw."

Scrit

I expect you will find that the outside masonary walls are dot and dabbed just cut through the plasterboard around your cabinet and rawl bolt to the wall as before if your house is timber frame then thats a different matter altogether

Sponsored Links
My police say must be bolted to the brickwork of an outside wall, so I'd agree about cutting through the drylining. They also like it to be not visible to casual vistors, so if you can do it inside e.g. a built in wardrobe it will not look unsightly. It has to be in the main house, not garage or outbuilding.

I see you're in Hants too, so you could always ring the constabulary in Winchester.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back