Should an electrician be wiring gas boiler controls?

Would this be the same heating 'engineers' that:
use earths as lives,
run cables in notches with hot pipes,
run bare singles to timers,
fit room stats above radiators,
use the bare earth in twin and earth as a live,
feed boilers directly from the ring with no spur,
chop all the bonding off and leave it,
need I go on?

Sponsored Links
Anyone who blindly connects anything to the mains supply or any other voltage without first checking what the device requires is a fool. Doesn't matter if they are an electrician, plumber or anything else.
blank65x10t.gif
whathesaidsmiley.gif

I'm amazed a boiler fitter could have the skill to fit a boiler and not the skills to connect external control wiring.
I'm not!

I would not let a spark any where near wiring up Y & S plan heating systems.

I have not met one yet who you wat he was doing. Oh dear!!!

You need to stop working with 'idiots wot have wire cutters n stuff' and find a decent electrician. Plan wiring is generally very simple i dont understand how anyone who calls themselves a spark can get confused by it.

Sponsored Links
Do your customers know you're leaving them with an illegal installation?

The really funny thing here is there is currently a guy in the combustion chamber forum who can't manage to fault find on a simple s plan system, yet the plumbers recon they're the only people clever enough to wire heating systems :LOL:

High and low are comparative terms and anyone using them for communication needs to take into account how someone else may be using them!

Some people fitting boilers are primarily plumbers with little or no electrical knowledge and prefer to let someone else do wiring for them. This is particularly where relays may be required to interface between 24vdc and 230vac controls.

Expensive mistake for that electrician though!

No, other people need to learn the correct terminology and definitions of electrical voltages if they are providing information about electricas equipment or things pertaining to electrics in their documentation.

In the electrical industry, high and low is defined clearly and so there should be no comparisons going on. If there is, then that person or manufacturer should leave well alone.

Low Voltage is what it is, and 24 volts would be classed as Extra low voltage not low voltage.

You didn't realise you have a legal requirement to notify all heating control installations?

This just gets better and better :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back