Should asylum seekers be allowed to work while their claim is processed

No, that's what we have now. I'm saying it needs changing. You didn't read that bit in the same post??

That needs changing. Change the f*%~ing routes and our rules.
We don't have to let them cross the border from France. Yes it's hard, but enough repulsed would deter more.

Poland seems to manage, with EU support. Australia manages.
If you want to enter legally you do it through customs.
If you arrive illegally you go into a detention center to be processed.

Or in boats.

Countless people would like to move to their choice of rich country to have money spent on them so they can integrate into it, but they don't have that right.
Once they're out of an unsafe couuntry, why should they have that right?
It's set in international law, it's perfectly acceptable to enter a foreign country and claim asylum.
Anyone can pass through as many 'safe' countries as it takes to arrive at a safe country.
Any country that denies at least the opportunity of having their application assessed is acting against international law, Poland ,and Italy included. They are not acting within EU law, nor even within the spirit of the EU.

What you consider to be safe may not be safe for everyone.
Agreed, they can be assessed while in a detention centre, but it is more humane and civilised to only lock up those who have committed a crime, or are seriously considered to be intending to commit a crime. Then there is the issue of splitting up families, it's a complex issue and simple, broad brush stroke solutions are not the answer.

Sponsored Links
Then there is the issue of splitting up families,

Yep. Government research has shown that most people who decide to struggle all the way to the UK do so because they have some family here. It is not because we greet asylum seekers with open arms and broad smiles.

"Researchers say that, where people can choose, factors such as colonial and historical links, the presence of family members, general reputation as a safe country and language are relevant factors." https://fullfact.org/immigration/why-do-migrants-and-asylum-seekers-want-come-uk/

Other European countries have better cash support for asylum seekers, so they really aren't coming here for the money.

Those consumed by hatred and rage against foreigners do not understand obvious logic, JP_
You need to remember that transam has been radicalised by his Nazi Austrian relatives, especially the panzer tank driving relatives, and the ones that worked in the concentration camps, of which, I have seen reported that he was especially fond of.
Transam wants to use violence at any and every remote opportunity. He appears to have a particular dislike for French people, and will ferment rumours about them especially, but also about any group that disagrees with his raging hatred philosophy. One can only speculate where that raging hatred emanates from.

i deny it :sneaky:

I am
An innocent victim :LOL:

uncle Fritz thought it was

Social Services

If we need to put a figure on it ... based on this article about UK job shortages, which are slowly crippling our economy ... we need about 250,000 right now. Maybe more.

https://news.sky.com/story/the-ten-...eded-most-as-uk-battles-vacancy-glut-12400384

Although, this story suggests it might be much. much worse ....

UK job vacancies surge to record high 2.7 million as labour shortage worsens

So, how do we rebuild a post-Brexit economy, with no labour?

so you have no limit

million ? 2 million. ??

give me a number

although I can see your dilemma
:)

Sponsored Links
so you have no limit

million ? 2 million. ??

give me a number

although I can see your dilemma
:)
Unlimited.

just one rule: every asylum seeker that comes here, we have to export an English chav

Unlimited.

just one rule: every asylum seeker that comes here, we have to export an English chav

tbh I suggested the chav s to France some while back so in principle I am in favour of kicking out the dead beats no hopers chavs and general riff raff

as for unlimited asylum seekers / migrants hmmmm

That could be millions of people

million ? 2 million. ??

give me a number

Why? We need as many as we need, and at the moment, we have 2.7 million jobs to fill.

If we don't fill these jobs, more businesses fail, and our country gets poorer.

Is that really what you want?

Why? We need as many as we need, and at the moment, we have 2.7 million jobs to fill.

so let in 2.7 million migrants / asylum seekers is what you are saying than ?

If Brits don't want the jobs, then why should they get the free homes? Let in people that want to work hard.

There has always been jobs to be filled and always will be, that is how the system works.

2.7 million than ?

I don't know how many, I am not a politician.

But just to remind you - in 2020 we took in 5000 asylum seekers. That is not going to cover our labour shortage by a long way.

So, MORE than 5000 would be a start.

Maybe 100,000, and see how things go from there. We need 100,000 HGV drivers alone. That won't even touch on the rest of our industry and commerce.

If Brits don't want the jobs, then why should they get the free homes? Let in people that want to work hard.

Asylum seekers are allowed to work in Germany after 3 months, 65% choose not to.

Sponsored Links
Back