Should I Be Worried ? Can Start Tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep well I gave him benefit of the doubt.

He did give me written quote in end.

Did about 2hrs work, f**ked up the drive, then after stating no payment till completion, asked for £250, I said no, he got heavy others turned up, end of story.

Yep I was ripped off good and proper.

Sponsored Links
How come you got ripped off when you didn't give him any money?

What happened when the 'others' turned up?

Yep well I gave him benefit of the doubt.

He did give me written quote in end.

Did about 2hrs work, f**ked up the drive, then after stating no payment till completion, asked for £250, I said no, he got heavy others turned up, end of story.

Yep I was ripped off good and proper.

Remember the lesson and the old proverb 'Once bitten, twice shy'.

Sponsored Links
It's the oldest trick in the book. I tried to warn you.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, before he started I had a coffee and fag with him, asked him questions and tried to success him out, at the point I actually thought 'I could be wrong' he could just happen to be Irish driving a van. I left him to get on with and checked back after couple of hours.

Then he asked for £, I said no, he got grumpy sat in van then another van turned up and it was 4 or them and me and my son, I paid up.

Yeah I am a f*cking idot, dont I know it, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Who can you trust these days, I got this person from yellow pages not door to door, whats the forums policy on 'name and shame !'
I range the company up and they just said it wasnt them they subcontracted the work out.

Get on to Yellow Pades and explain the situation to them. They don't want unreliable (being polite) people advertising on their area - it makes their links unreliable - bad advert for them.

Out of interest, what exactly did you want done? and what did they actually do?

Then he asked for £, I said no, he got grumpy sat in van then another van turned up and it was 4 or them and me and my son, I paid up.
If they were acting in a threatening way then you should have called the police.

Who can you trust these days
How very dare you! How often do people on this site recommend that you engage someone that's been personally recommended to you? :rolleyes:

I got this person from yellow pages not door to door, whats the forums policy on 'name and shame !'
Do whatever you like. I'm just staggered that you've got the gall to come back and whinge after the event, when you made no previous mention whatsoever of the fact that you used Yellow Pages to find this crook.

I range the company up and they just said it wasnt them they subcontracted the work out.
Well then, ringe the police instead and report them for extorting money from you with the threat of violence.

If they were acting in a threatening way then you should have called the police.

Who can you trust these days
How very dare you! How often do people on this site recommend that you engage someone that's been personally recommended to you? :rolleyes:

I got this person from yellow pages not door to door, whats the forums policy on 'name and shame !'
Do whatever you like. I'm just staggered that you've got the gall to come back and whinge after the event, when you made no previous mention whatsoever of the fact that you used Yellow Pages to find this crook.

Well then, ringe the police instead and report them for extorting money from you with the threat of violence.

1. As previously mentioned Im new to area, so recommendations are very hard to come by.

2. I didnt realise yellow pages means what you now imply ie dont use it. I assumed yellow pages was a place you could look up traders.

3. Call the police and how long would they take to get here.

Your probably him :evil: :LOL:

1. As previously mentioned Im new to area, so recommendations are very hard to come by.
How hard? Give us a clue - how many did you get?

2. I didnt realise yellow pages means what you now imply ie dont use it. I assumed yellow pages was a place you could look up traders.
Have you, or has anyone you ever known, ever successfully used yellow pages to both find and use a reputable trader?

3. Call the police and how long would they take to get here.
I don't know. What f***ing difference does it make? Engaging the trader was stupid. Not calling the police is stupid. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Your probably him :evil: :LOL:
Oh ha bleeding ha.

Laugh all you like, but I still have the contents of my wallet and a driveway unimpaired by crooks that people like you allow to continue trading. :rolleyes:

did you not mention giving him the benefit of the doubt before he started work?

did you not mention giving him the benefit of the doubt before he started work?
I said that I saw no reason (yet) not to, because that was the question asked by the OP.

However, he hadn't, and still hasn't, acquainted us with all the facts.

And did he answer any of the questions that I asked? Did he ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back