Should I leave Talk Talk?

L

longdogs

I,ve been with Talk Talk (Tiscali) for about ten years now and must admit that I am a bit lazy when it comes to getting the best deals.

Recently, I have had real problems with Talk Talk, mainly accessing my e-mails. Apparently there is an 'intermittent fault' and their solution is to try again fifteen minutes later ( rather than fixing the problem it seems).

I was wondering if anyone else gets problems with their provider and can anyone recomend a good one. I just want straight internet service, no phone/tv packages.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes, I was thinking about possibly changing to Plus net. I like the tv ads. :D

Sponsored Links
I was with Talk Talk from the start and left after 12 months because of incorrect billing and very poor customer service. Left to join One Tel who at the ttime where very good.......until I received a letter saying that One Tel had been took over by Talk Talk :evil:

Left for BT and had a couple of providers since then, Talk Talk have been fined millions the last couple of years for overcharging people, and they also came top in the most complained provider in the UK :eek:

I just saw the title 'Should I leave Talk Talk?'.

Without reading any further, my advise is YES, YES, YES. They are a shower of 'S H ONE T'

They are indeed a shower. Absolute cowboys.

You should definitely walk walk.

I've been with 3 for about 10yrs with no complaints, have a look at their tariff on line, just ensure it is 3 and not a third party selling on behalf of 3

Try having a good mooch around here, http://www.ispreview.co.uk/ It's a good site with no as far as I know no commercial interests.

You will have a problem getting just broadband as it comes down a telephone line, unless you go the mobile route with pretty shoddy speeds.
Also if talk talk have you on a unbundled line (ie not using a bt platform) you could incur charges to move back to a bt based landline service if you chose one.
Google Sam Knows and put your exchange in and it should show you what options are available to you.

I've been with Plus Net for years now and can say that they provide a good service and their customer service is excellent too.

I was with Tiscali, and stayed with them for a while after they changed to Talk Talk.

I then wondered why I was paying twice as much as Plusnet. So I changed to them, and never looked back. Although it's cheaper, the service is much better.

Also, the Talk Talk email system was designed by 12 year old remedials.

Been on a bundle with Virgin for years.
Don't know what customer service is like because never had to use them.

Virgin:

It is like Sky: good product, poor customer service (unless upgrading and wanting to spend more, in which case it is very good).

Sponsored Links
Back