Should the UK be arming the Syrian rebels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or are we likely to get dragged into a conflict with Russia?

100,000 are already dead and there looks to be no solution in sight.

Sponsored Links
Supporting rebels is akin to condoning terrorism, we most certainly should not.

Let them sort their own problems out.

Wotan

The guy with a silly name that killed Lee Rigby is exactly who we would be arming , fruitloops like him brainwashed and looking for a fight , any fight.
Syria isn't a civil war its like we had a conflict in this country and some civil unrest and all of a sudden a load of loopy bible bashers come over from America armed to to teeth and start shooting up the country.
All giving arms to the rebels would do is arm this reactionary radical islam army who's next port of call for a bit of fun in the name of ali snackbar could well be the streets of London. When the Syria conflict ends which it will these marauding terrorists with a cause will be looking for their next war zone.

Why do you think the Govt is so bent over backwards in not trying to upset Muslims and so prevalent on the demonising of the EDL.

They are frightened of the UK being put on the target list of this international bunch of thugs. Name ONE country in the EU that is making a stand against Muslim extremism. Why did the Swedish Police stand by when the riots happened for seven days.

Noone wants to end up as being the site of the next Jihad

We are an Island nation and that more than anything is the reason why we have the best chance of not capitulating to Islamic radicals. Enemy forces cannot invade our borders. Austria is in the Grip of fear now because Turkey is radicalising towards islam . Austria has history battling against the Ottoman Empire and could be under threat if they rise again.
The arab spring has been just that an Arab spring not a middle east one.

Sponsored Links
No. You would think that by now we should have learnt to keep our noses out of everybody else's business.

Besides, we are a poor country now and can't afford to play 'world's policeman'.

No oil there so not worth it.
The oil issue is a massive consideration re Syria. Syria and Iran are instrumental in setting up a natural gas pipeline which will feed the Chinees market. THIS is the reason that the USA and UK want to get involved with our sworn enemies Al Queda. When that pipeine opens the oil petro-dollar will plummet.

world wide radical Islamism is just an inconvenient price to pay for keeping the dollar strong.

I think we should let them have a nuclear device with a very short fuse.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It is alleged that when the Russians invaded Afghanistan, the West "smuggled" weapons to the Taliban. Those same weapons were the ones the Taliban then directed at our troops!

So, as far as I am concerned the West should leave the warring factions in Islamo-land to get on with it. The middle east has enough warring factions to keep them all busy for several lifetimes, and with all the suicide bombers, "paradise" will have long run out of "virgins" if each bomber gets 72!

The only time the West should get involved is if our freedoms are threatened, and then it HAS to be an immediate response, with no quarter for the perpetrators.

I can't help thinking this thread needs deleting- there's far too much agreement going on , it'll give GD a good name :LOL:

I can't help thinking this thread needs deleting- there's far too much agreement going on , it'll give GD a good name :LOL:
I could not agree more, particularly when people advocate the use of nuclear weapons, this is the last thing anyone needs.

Wotan

I could not agree more, particularly when people advocate the use of nuclear weapons, this is the last thing anyone needs.

Wotan

Well I don't think they need anymore chemical or biological, they both appear to have sufficient stocks of those already.. :eek:

Hague and Camoron would love to get involved in Syria, giving arms would be like throwing petrol on to a fire.
Israel wants rid of Assad because he is an ally of Iran and Iran supports Hizbollah and Hizbollah is a threat to Israel, so the Israelis want the west to get involved in the region to sort out Israels enemies, that was the reason for the Iraq war Iran is next on the hit list.

Supporting rebels is akin to condoning terrorism, we most certainly should not.

Let them sort their own problems out.

Wotan

I agree, that is totally unfair, we should be arming the government equally, then let 'em fight it out.

Sponsored Links
Back