Should the UK population be allowed guns if they want them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the UK goes bust (mathematical certainty) then law and order will break down as the Police Force is cut back. Should the populous be armed to protect themselves from the rampaging gangs? (It will happen).

Sponsored Links
Where's mine then? Where's yours?

I haven't got one neither does my wife or either of my two children.

I could get one if i wanted to go through the process though.

Are you asking if every human being in the country should have a gun?

I thought that was what the ARMED forces was for.

Sponsored Links
That's fine while we are paying them.

Income tax collected = £155 billion.

Benefits paid out = £201 billion.

Interest on national debt. = £42 billion.

You do the sums mate.

This country is a car crash about to happen! :eek:

Nothing we can do to stop it, just try and get out of the way!

Andy

Hence my post. Hunker down and shoot to kill.

I take your word for it sums wise Joe, but even bankrupt countries do not automatically disintegrate into armed urban war, especially those with a democracy.

Take a look at the way Greece and Cyprus are going. It's only just begun.

Take a look at the way Greece and Cyprus are going. It's only just begun.
Yeah i think i'll do that Joe rather than take any notice of a doom and gloom merchant on an internet forum.
I'll keep my eye on all the riots, death and shooting in Ireland too. :rolleyes:

Do you mean within the current restrictions or repealing all the gun laws?

Within the current restrictions, self defence is not a legitimate purpose for owning a gun. Further, the weapons that would be most useful for that purpose (pistols) are not allowed. I certainly don't want my neighbors hosing the street with .303.

The average person is stupid. Half of all people are more stupid than that. I think that if for some reason the laws were relaxed, the resulting carnage and collateral damage would eventually lead to even more restrictive gun laws. So no, I'm not in favour.

Disclaimer: My views may change if there is a hungry feral mob kicking my door in.

Simple answer to your initial question Joe is 'NO'.

What if the majority men wanted to rape women - should they be allowed to? NO. Yet they do in India.

That's fine while we are paying them.

Income tax collected = £155 billion.

Benefits paid out = £201 billion.

Interest on national debt. = £42 billion.

You do the sums mate.

are vat
duty on petrol and spirits
national insurance
death duty
inheritance tax
stamp duty
insurance tax
road tax
council tax collections
commercial rates collections
and other taxes and fees levied on services that go to the exchequer included in your sums

Look at the states, they are no safer or have less crime because of them. The UK is the 51st state though so they might as well have them now. For me people are dangerous enough with cars never mind guns. I wouldnt trust most people to be able to handle one, in Iraq one of our TA lads was shot by a negligent discharge, gun went off due to p**s poor skills from a "professional" soldier and this was the infantry. Then there is the kid finding his old mans gun under the bed sort of thing.

Guns are legal here in CZ, pistols too yet there is no clamour for them from average joes. There just isnt as much violent crime as in the UK, people are much more passive, in 7 yrs apart from English lads on tour or political protests Ive only ever seen one fight involving Czechs and that was the gypos, we dont have these violent break in and tie up jobs, just a bit of scrap iron rustling or people breaking into weekend cottages out of season. We do have loads of petty crime and women are allowed to and often carry pepper sprays.

Another thing to back it up that people are too stupid for guns is what happens here often, we have a big hunting culture, hunters are always shooting each other or occassionally members of the public. Usually after a bit of the local moonshine Slivovice to keep warm.

Sponsored Links
Back