Should the UK population be allowed guns if they want them?

If we don't look like we are able to pay the borrowing back - and it doesn't look like we are - then they will stop lending. It's all about when it kicks off - not if.

Sponsored Links
Make no mistake, we're in the mire and it will take many years to recover. But, as a percentage of GDP, it's been worse - a lot worse. We recovered then without reducing into armageddon and we'll do it again. It's just a bit sensational (a bit Daily Mail) to be talking about arming the people.

We had plenty of oil back then and third world countries were well and truly under developed.
Now the oil wells are running dry and India and China are rising forces in the modern economic world.
Its well proven already we cannot compete with the manufacturing production these countries are capable off.

Google wrote
A new report from Citigroup says that by 2030, Saudi Arabia could run out of oil and may need to start importing.

Its not about scaremongering. Its about realism. Governments have no power to control what is happening.
All they can do is rise taxes robbing us of our hard earned cash.
When we default we can look forward to them stealing money from those who have worked hard and have savings accounts.

Thank fook for that. A guy who really knows the score.

Sponsored Links
..and what about public sector pensions? Where do they fit in?

I hope you are all enjoying yourselves. We are in a golden age where ordinary people can take flights to the USA and Oz, and everyone drives cars and lives in heated homes.

Well make the best of it, we are heading down the other side of the slope now.

We can't get cheap oil now, the easy stuff has gone and the hard stuff is expensive. Expensive energy is of no use to us.

This is the reason that the banks crashed. They were just doing what banks do - but there was no extra oil to fuel the growth in the world economy - so it crashed.

Because it crashed - we used less oil and it appears that things are picking up. But when we go looking for growth, then the price will once more sky rocket and the economy will crash again.

There is now (and forever) a cap on growth. Capitalism can go no further.

The best we can hope for is a steady decent into poverty.

The likelihood is, though, a dramatic crash into abject poverty that will last until the world population is cut by two thirds.

This is fact. Live with it - if you are lucky.

Yep, the real crash hasn't happened yet. I reckon they are currently trying to recapitalise the banks, once they reckon the banks will survive then the governments will pull the plug on public spending. It's our grandchildren's only chance, and it's not a good one.

Its well proven already we cannot compete with the manufacturing production these countries are capable off.

Why would we want to?

Do you want to work for 12 hours a day at minimum wage?

Better we stick to nice well paid service jobs

Google wrote
A new report from Citigroup says that by 2030, Saudi Arabia could run out of oil and may need to start importing.

Good job then there is plenty of untapped oil elsewhere then, as well as emerging technologies.

Do you want to work for 12 hours a day at minimum wage?

I've worked 12 hour days all my life. Currently earning less than the minimum wage.
Year before last year I earned £5k.
I've no problem stooping down to that level. Can you?

Better we stick to nice well paid service jobs

How does that create wealth for a country?

My council tax bill for 2006 was £500. Today its alomst £1000.
Can your nice service job create enough wealth in order to reduce my bill back down too 2006 levels?

How much do you think it will have increased too seven years from now?

I don't underestimate the scale of the problem. But if you really believe distributing guns to the population is a sensible solution then you've lost the plot.

People will avail themselves of guns if they feel the need too.
The ira could arm every single irishman with an ak47 if they wanted too and not one thing the dail could do to stop it.

I'd buy an ak47 tomorrow if they were legal. Homeowners should have the right to protect themselves given the amount of marauding gangs that are prowling around at night and by day. The law in this country doesn't give a damn.
Smuggeled in they only cost about £200 quid. :rolleyes:

Good job then there is plenty of untapped oil elsewhere then, as well as emerging technologies.

Well where is this oil that is cheap and easy to extract and process?

Expensive oil is of no use to us.

If steel were the price of gold it would be no use to us.

Emerging technologies? He means windmills FFS. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back