Should the UK population be allowed guns if they want them?

Maybe we should follow this town in the USA, I believe it is also compulsory also in Switzerland.!!

A small southern American town makes the Second Amendment right of US citizens to bear arms an obligatory duty.

Welcome to Nelson, Georgia, a rural town about 50 miles (80 km) north of Atlanta that passed on Monday the ‘Family Protection Ordinance’, which requires the head of each household to own a gun and ammunition.

Sponsored Links
We have state sponsored anarchy at the moment in the form of high taxation imo.

Council tax bills alone since 2006 have risen by 100% to fund greedy and prolifigate councils.
How can they justify this when earnings have went the opposite way for many people? Especially tradesmen in the building sector.

Why is it farmers lose a few sheep in the snow and already their is a scramble by DARD to ensure they receive hardship payments and tradesmen lose their jobs and receive sweet fa?

Do we have a DCTA "Department of Construction and Tradesmens Affairs" body in the government to help tradesmen out?
If not then why not?

An average family pays £14k per year in tax according to some sources robbing them of their much valued disposable income.

How much longer can this go on?

If the only tax in the UK was income tax how high would it be set?
Has to be at least 70% and still it wouldn't be enough.

Maybe we should follow this town in the USA, I believe it is also compulsory also in Switzerland.!!

A small southern American town makes the Second Amendment right of US citizens to bear arms an obligatory duty.

Welcome to Nelson, Georgia, a rural town about 50 miles (80 km) north of Atlanta that passed on Monday the ‘Family Protection Ordinance’, which requires the head of each household to own a gun and ammunition.

Yes, I believe in the case of Switzerland it is a case of arming the general population to act as a 'territorial army' if needed.

In fact, whenever I have taken part in a discussion (or argument!) about the right to bear arms, I have lost count of the number of times I have cited the Swiss situation of carrying firearms as one that works, yet all people can talk about is how 'it doesn't work in America so it must be bad'.

We have state sponsored anarchy at the moment in the form of high taxation imo.

Council tax bills alone since 2006 have risen by 100% to fund greedy and prolifigate councils.
How can they justify this when earnings have went the opposite way for many people? Especially tradesmen in the building sector.

Why is it farmers lose a few sheep in the snow and already their is a scramble by DARD to ensure they receive hardship payments and tradesmen lose their jobs and receive sweet fa?

Do we have a DCTA "Department of Construction and Tradesmens Affairs" body in the government to help tradesmen out?
If not then why not?

An average family pays £14k per year in tax according to some sources robbing them of their much valued disposable income.

How much longer can this go on?

If the only tax in the UK was income tax how high would it be set?
Has to be at least 70% and still it wouldn't be enough.

good post really :D
but we cant in general blame the councils
its central government moving responsibility to local councils without funding the services so moving the flack the blame to the councils all parties are guilty

the politicians call it devolution to a local level but in fact its shifting the blame and the expense

Sponsored Links
No, but neither is the £100 billion NHS bill or education or defence etc.

The bottom line is that the benefits bandwagon is sending the country bust - and we've passed the tipping point. Like the Titanic sinking, it isn't a case of if - just when.

statistics can say anything you like if you only include certain parts
you need all parts off the eequationto get the whole picture

The bottom line is that the benefits bandwagon is sending the country bust - and we've passed the tipping point. Like the Titanic sinking, it isn't a case of if - just when.

Well the bottom line is that we borrow £10 billion per month and it can't go on. Try and argue that statistic if you will.

Well the bottom line is that we borrow £10 billion per month and it can't go on. Try and argue that statistic if you will.
where do you get the 10 million from ??
as i say you need all the facts and figures not just selected ones to form the whole picture ;)

Well at least when we go bust they'll not be many assets for the baliffs to take. :LOL:

That's what we borrow each month.

but do we know how accurate and un tampered with those statistics are :?:

i am not saying they are right or wrong i simply don't know
but when politicians speak misinformation is often the result ;)

Overall borrowing is too high and the deficit is too high. Everybody knows that and most people accept it has to be tackled. But total breakdown and disorder and having to arm ourselves to protect against rabid gangs of robbers and bandits is a story lifted straight out of the comic pages of the Daily mail. I wouldn't mind betting they allready have most of it typed up ready to print just in case. It's *******s. The important thing is debt relative to GDP - which isn't good but isn't that bad - certainly better than it has been for most of the last Century. The DM won't tell you that of course.

That's what we borrow each month.

but do we know how accurate and un tampered with those statistics are :?:

i am not saying they are right or wrong i simply don't know
but when politicians speak misinformation is often the result ;)

It's from the office of statistics or something like that.

Overall borrowing is too high and the deficit is too high. Everybody knows that and most people accept it has to be tackled. But total breakdown and disorder and having to arm ourselves to protect against rabid gangs of robbers and bandits is a story lifted straight out of the comic pages of the Daily mail. I wouldn't mind betting they allready have most of it typed up ready to print just in case. It's ****. The important thing is debt relative to GDP - which isn't good but isn't that bad - certainly better than it has been for most of the last Century. The DM won't tell you that of course.

The money that the government is borrowing counts towards GDP (yes it's about £10Bn a month). If they stopped borrowing and spending tomorrow, GDP would fall by around 8%.

But total breakdown and disorder and having to arm ourselves to protect against rabid gangs of robbers and bandits is a story lifted straight out of the comic pages of the Daily mail.

If the government stopped borrowing what would happen? Or if lenders stopped lending to us what would happen?

What would happen if you slashed public sector pay by 50% overnight?
The comic books becomes reality thats what!
Just look at greece and they have only scratched the surface of paycuts.

Regarding "rabid gangs of robbers" they are already in full swing I can assure you.

Sponsored Links
Back