Shower enclosure (tiled)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope I can explain this in an understandable way.

We have a fully tiled bathroom which incorporates a corner shower enclosure. The bathroom was tiled before we moved in which is now a number of years ago and although not particularly to out taste the tiles are generally in good condition and we don't feel inclined to re tile/re decorate the whole bathroom as we are considering moving in the not so distant future.

The problem is that within the area of the shower enclosure some of the tiles are cracked and look somewhat messy, we have no chance of sourcing matching tiles so my plan would be to replace the damaged tiles with alternative (probably white) tiles and then look at cladding the area within the shower enclosure with some sort of waterproof material to give a better cosmetic finish.

Is this feasible? can anyone suggest a suitable material to use please? I don't really want to tile over the existing tiles but would prefer a thin (plastic?) sheet material that could be bonded to the existing tiles and sealed at the edges to make it waterproof.

Sponsored Links
There are a lot of panels now that will do the job, so just google shower wall panels, and see what suits you. The problem you've got, is that the shower cubicle needs to be fitted after the panels, and that would push the shower cubicle outwards, and possibly the shower tray, so you need a thinish one that will sit on top of the tray if you can't move the tray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back