Shower fire

Sponsored Links
At least you got the 2 year guarantee!

Is this by any chance a recalled unit?

Last edited:
It was a job at work not my house, so i dont know, will look into it

Sponsored Links
Looks like one of the micro switches has not fully opened when the shower was switched off and has been arcing internally until it got hot enough to go on fire.

Yet some idiots on here go around telling people not to have a local shower isolator switch.

I've never seen anyone telling people not to have one but a local isolator is not required by the regs.

Even if one is fitted there is no requirement to isolate after every shower. Doing so tends to ruin the pull switch as has been documented on here a number of times.

You would use the local isolator to switch off your now on fire shower in an emergency. Well you would if some idiot hadn’t told you that you don’t need an isolator.

I've never seen anyone telling people not to have one

Even worse than that you’re actually telling people to get rid of isolators.

As you don't need isolators at all you could get rid of them

You would use the local isolator to switch off your now on fire shower in an emergency.
To play devil's advocate to some extent (who, me? :) ) ...

.... I don't know how commonly (if at all) they actually cause (house) fires (the U-F material they're usually made of is pretty 'non-combustible') but the impression I get is that at least 'burned wires' are far more common in shower isolators than in showers themselves, aren't they? [and I actually suspect that even a 'shower on fire' would usually be unlikley to cause a 'house fire']

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back