Shower Hot Water Temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Some advice if possible.

I fitted a new shower yesterday (Mira ERD Realm) thermostatic type at a clients house.

Very pleased with the flow rate BUT it could be hotter. After flushing and commissioning I left the shower to run on full power ( lever turned up completely anti clockwise. I also tried to regulate the temperature by removing front plate and followed the instructions. That didn’t improve it.

A few points to note:

All other outlet hot taps get really hot even in the bathroom but not the shower

They have a combi boiler in good operation
Boiler water temp set to max

I did notice pushfit has been installed halfway up to the shower body itself then to copper.

They have one of those spa baths ,conventional bath shape under where the said shower is positioned. Didn’t get a chance to look at the pipework setup though

Can anyone offer any pointers here on what could be the issue? Most showers get hot and give off steam but this shower doesn’t get anywhere near to giving off steamy hot water. I would say it’s a bit warmer than luke warm

Cheers Andy

Sponsored Links
Hopefully the shower feeds have ISO valves? Just isolate both hot and cold, take the shower off then run the hot side and check how hot it gets, if it gets as hot as the rest then it's the shower thermo valve, it either needs more adjustment or there's an issue. The hot and cold are on the correct sides, hot on the left?

When a thermo shower is commissioned then it's always best practice to check the 38-41Deg safety stop is calibrated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back