Shower Outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve used a couple of 90 degree wall plate elbows to fit a shower arm and hand shower into. My question is the shower arm needs backing off about 1/4 turn and the hand shower needs backing off 3/4 of a turn. Now I’m going to use loctite 55 but also wondered if it’s worth using some kind of fibre or rubber washer insider the 90 to keep the fixing ridged and tight (and help keep leaks at bay, although the 55 should do the trick with back off 1/4, my concerns backing off 3/4 of a turn that it’ll leak and lose rigidity to hold the shower head.

Attachments

• 766BBEAF-B63F-4E8B-8A35-4D18D6C0C8F1.jpeg
    766BBEAF-B63F-4E8B-8A35-4D18D6C0C8F1.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry backing the shower arm off 3/4 of a turn. I’m worried it’ll leak and also it isn’t as ridged to hold the shower head. Wondered if loctite 55 will solve it on its own or if it’s wise to find some washers to put inside the elbow to tighten too?

Loctite 55 should be sufficient, but you shouldn’t need to back them off.

Sponsored Links
If I don’t back them off then they won’t be facing down though. How do you over come that without backing off?

Or do you mean just tighten until in position (facing down) and leave, therefor not backing off

They should be tightened up fully, but you may have used the wrong backplate. I haven’t fitted many mixer showers, so unsure if you can use a backplate in your photo.

The back plate is just a standard elbow. I’m never going to find one the perfect depth to allow the perfect number or full turns to end up with shower arm perfect. It’s the shower arm attached so you can see with it being rectangular rather than circular it’s tricky to land it in the right orientation

Attachments

• A0627190-148D-4D13-AB9C-589A99A04391.jpeg
    A0627190-148D-4D13-AB9C-589A99A04391.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 46
That would then bring the front out too far and it’d still be pot luck if the arm lands in the correct position

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back