shower pull cord

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a pull cord next to my bath (like the one to turn a normal light on) which i need to turn on before i can use my shower. the light has started going out and now my shower doesnt work sometimes. its not tripping out at the fuse.any ideas what this could be?

Sponsored Links
What type of shower, electrically heated or just a pump? If its electric the switch will be a lot bigger than a light switch, and in both cases I would think should be double pole. The most likely problems are the switch has either worn out or there is a loose connection above.

Normally they are not too hard to replace, sometimes they are pretty tight though. Make sure the new one is at least the same current rating of the old one and the fuse, also note which cable is supply and which is load when removing the old switch.

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
Make sure the new one is at least the same current rating of the old one and the fuse,

The problem may be due to a loose connection, or the switch being uderrated, ie a 30A pullcord on a 9,5 shower....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back