Shower Wall Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of replacing a bodge shower installation. I'm going to be putting in a 900mm x 900mm quadrant shower.

Currently the area is tiled, but I'm suspicious about the tiling, if the shower was bodged, perhaps the tiling could be as well. It looks ok, but I'm just not sure about the the waterproofing capabilities. New tray is also much lower than the old one, and for parts there is no plasterboard behind the tile.

I'm seriously considering the option of securing waterproof wall panels in on top of the tiles, I found this thread from 2010 discussing "multiPANEL by Grant Westfield"

//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/shower-wall-panel.239551/

Is that still a good make to go for?

Does anyone know what kind of costs I would be looking at?

Tray to ceiling is about 2.2m and shower is 900mm x 900mm so I'd need to pieces

Here are some pictures for reference:

View media item 99206
View media item 96705

Sponsored Links
I'll confirm that I used multiPANEL on my recent bathroom renovation and I'm delighted with it....not cheap at around £150 for an 8x4 sheet and you need the internal anodised connection mouldings too. I used the panel on all four walls.
I fixed the panels with instant grab solvent adhesive....two of the walls were tiled which I removed to find plaster in good nick, one was a stud wall lined with Aquapanel from Wickes.
I sorted the floor first using 22mm P5 chipboard (resin coated on one side), then fixed the shower tray (Mira Flight) on a plinth to get a raise for the drainage.
I was prepared to brace the panel to hold things as the adhesive dried but the sheets were good and flat and the bracing wasn't really necessary, but a willing helper was - the sheets are heavy!
Once the walls were done I finished off with a thin laminate from the same company, and that was a fabulous product too.
John :)

I'll confirm that I used multiPANEL on my recent bathroom renovation and I'm delighted with it....not cheap at around £150 for an 8x4 sheet and you need the internal anodised connection mouldings too. I used the panel on all four walls.
I fixed the panels with instant grab solvent adhesive....two of the walls were tiled which I removed to find plaster in good nick, one was a stud wall lined with Aquapanel from Wickes.
I sorted the floor first using 22mm P5 chipboard (resin coated on one side), then fixed the shower tray (Mira Flight) on a plinth to get a raise for the drainage.
I was prepared to brace the panel to hold things as the adhesive dried but the sheets were good and flat and the bracing wasn't really necessary, but a willing helper was - the sheets are heavy!
Once the walls were done I finished off with a thin laminate from the same company, and that was a fabulous product too.

Thanks for the info, thats really helpful.

Where did you get your panels from?

I'm looking at these ones:

https://www.rubberduckbathrooms.co.uk/multipanel-economy-two-sided-shower-board-kit

https://www.abbuildingproducts.co.uk/multipanel-economy---kit-j-pr-6116.php

Both around £200 for the full kit, might be cheaper else ware but not sure.

My panels and trims came from Matthew Charlton, Hexham - I think they are part of the Jewson group. Multipanel have various outlets - don't quote me but MKM may be worth a try.
Once ordered my panels were here in three days.

Sponsored Links
My panels and trims came from Matthew Charlton, Hexham - I think they are part of the Jewson group. Multipanel have various outlets - don't quote me but MKM may be worth a try.
Once ordered my panels were here in three days.

How did you seal the gap between the tray and shower board?

The shower tray went in first.....I took great care to get the corner square here - and then the panels were dropped down onto it.
A bead of quality silicone is applied to seal between the tray and panel, and when its all done another thin bead of silicone applied to finish off.

The shower tray went in first.....I took great care to get the corner square here - and then the panels were dropped down onto it.
A bead of quality silicone is applied to seal between the tray and panel, and when its all done another thin bead of silicone applied to finish off.

Reading installation instructions for some of these boards online, they say that a 2-3mm gap should be left between the panels and the shower tray, then that gap is to be filled with silicone, is that how you did it?

I siliconed the edge of the panel, and then allowed it to drop onto the (resin cast stone) tray......silicone oozed out nicely all the way round and this gave a spacing of around 2mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back