Sick of it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been to fit a gas fire/surround and flue collecter box this week, before start I checked for tightness at the meter, 3Mb drop, noticed newish CH installation, customer said it was fitted last sept, well with the lack of sleeving for the new gas pipe through the wall the lack of sealing round the boiler flue, the half filled in Benchmark log book with lack of corgi serial number, the lack of a room stat, the lack of patching up of large holes, the ridiculous price of £2400.00 for five rads and a combi I am well piissedd off, I told them it would have been approx £3250.00 for me to have done the job and it would have been done correct with a decent boiler, phoned all the numbers on corgi site and continually told all too busy, phoned media enquiries number and got through immediately, suprise suprise,well the guy is registered and has cert for boilers, so WHY WHY WHY hasn't he installed this system to gas and building regs, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS COUNTRY AND INDUSTRY, BLEEDING SICK OF IT.

Sponsored Links
Got a guy running round my town with all the corgi badges stuck on his van.No reg # but wotthefek!Hes done me on a couple of jobs with his nice CHEAP prices & crap boilers.I informed the dogs but they didnt want to know coz I dont have his Fekin postcode! I then phone my dogs inspector & he asks me the same sh*te.The guy is still doing work & still got his badges on his van.What are we to do? Exactly what is my £180.00 going towards?

helping all those nice men /women inbasingstoke keep warm and off the dole useless toothless gormless money grabbing german tankers

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Been to fit a gas fire/surround and flue collecter box this week, before start I checked for tightness at the meter, 3Mb drop, noticed newish CH installation, customer said it was fitted last sept, well with the lack of sleeving for the new gas pipe through the wall the lack of sealing round the boiler flue, the half filled in Benchmark log book with lack of corgi serial number, the lack of a room stat, the lack of patching up of large holes, the ridiculous price of £2400.00 for five rads and a combi I am well piissedd off, I told them it would have been approx £3250.00 for me to have done the job and it would have been done correct with a decent boiler, phoned all the numbers on corgi site and continually told all too busy, phoned media enquiries number and got through immediately, suprise suprise,well the guy is registered and has cert for boilers, so WHY WHY WHY hasn't he installed this system to gas and building regs, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS COUNTRY AND INDUSTRY, BLEEDING SICK OF IT.

HOW MUCH

Sponsored Links
Your sick ! I spend my days following bodje it and scarper,I do get a good laugh when i read the benchmark books with things such as the flow rate at 12.3 lt on aboiler that has a 10 lt restrictor,obviously just copied from the book and burner pressures recorded on boilers with no gas test points just c02. And now im on my high horse im sick of so called eng/fitters replaceing limit stats and other safty devices assumeing there faulty and not doing there job, if a limit stat has tripped test the temp for g....

Good god are we supposed to put mending boilers ahead of making money?? Whatever next?

You guys are sick of it ? What about Joe Public who is on the receiving end of it ! (rhetorical).

Well just got back from the job metioned above and found the 2.5/3Mb drop is on the new 22mm gas supply ran across the house to the combi fitted by these wannkkers, they obviously hadn't tightness tested it, I left it connected and issued a warning notice and a reciept listing the gas regs broken and the Part L building regs not complied with, they will be happy bunnies, the customer is going to get onto them to rectify the leak and sleeving ect and about the missing room stat and half filled log book, serve the twaattts right, I saw their van on my way to the job while I was waiting at a roundabout, must be on their way to bodge another job.

Oh yea, while isolating things I find the cooker flex totally incorrectly fitted and for some reason known only to the person who fitted it, bosswhite smeared all over the bayonet fitting and gone rock hard so I couldn't disconnect it, a "friend" apparantly fitted the cooker, the mind boggles, any way managed to sort that out for them as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back