Side extension PD - 50% width rule

foto_no_exif (17).jpg

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
@ Woody Assuming the short wall next to the "W" is the front of the house (as it is on the OP's drawing) then your method of measurement is identical to mine, though your angle is more obtuse.
So what are we arguing about?

That's exactly the same as Tony's first sketch.

It's the widest point as measured along any line parallel to the frontage. Or to put it simply, it's the smallest gap the house would fit through, keeping it in exactly the same alignment, not twisting it.
Obviously it's not ANY direction, because that would clearly be the front left to back right corner, which would be stupid.

So in TMM7, the measurement of the width is actually less than half the width because you don't actually measure the long section of the wall?

I hope you lot don't bake cakes for a living, unless it's pancakes.

Sponsored Links
So in TMM7, the measurement of the width is actually less than half the width because you don't actually measure the long section of the wall?

I hope you lot don't bake cakes for a living, unless it's pancakes.
What's TMM7?

QS much? :rolleyes: I'm wasted here.

Tony's Method of Measurement 7.

Strictly we should be using NRM nowadays, so perhaps I should have referenced TRM. Apologies

Why not sit down in a quiet room with a nice cup of tea and a chocolate Digestive? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back