sign on van?

I have never had a sighn written van, I have enough work and the advertising would create more phone calls and hassle, weirdly though I would quite like it just to feel like I wasnt a white van man, hmmm seem to have been swayed by sheer peer pressure.
My favourite bit of naff signing was on a painter and decoraters van and I quote
'Guaranteed to probably be the best painters in the area'
grammer is not your grandpas wife

Sponsored Links
Have you name and trade on it then... but no phone no.

gives a more professional image to your clients.

You don't want to look like a white van man, do you?

there are removable magnetic signs you could use made of flexible plastic sheet.

My neighbour is a "builder" his sign says:

[persons Name] Building services
extentions, patios, driveway, etc.

The first time i saw it, i couldn't keep a straigh face, he said " it was the writers fault - they can't spell! two years later it's still on there :oops:

Just stumbled across this topic forgot i had posted on it... I suppose for those that have to get customers to phone them purely because of the trade they do a name on the van works.... But i trade on my name and the quality of my work i have been in the job (gas/heating) for 30 years . Set up on my own 6 years ago and have never had to advertise and have never had my name on the van . I have never been short of work and currently booked up till end of november ,all my work is by word of mouth and i answer the phone calls i choose to.. It is accepted i don`t answer my phone but people say they would rather wait and try me again than go elsewhere (all past customers numbers are logged and they are answered)..

As for thermo saying my business will never flourish i really cant cope with it being any busier without the hassle of taking someone on which i never will.. Average wage is just under a grand then there is good weeks like this seventeen hundred quid which i think most people would be very happy with.I work had for my rewards.

Advertise no thanks i prefer to enjoy the work i do without having quote hunters phoning me and wasting my time, 95 percent and above of the work i price i get can those of you who advertise say the same how much of your time is wasted quoting and chasing work.

I am never going to be a millionaire and there is no way i am going to kill myself trying to be

Well said namsag - its seems you and
I have the same ethos & approach :)

Sponsored Links
Speaking as a customer, I feel that a van which advertises the tradesperson's name and telephone number sends out a positive message. Here in Bath city centre, it takes the place of the Yellow Pages. All you have to do is drive around looking for the vans outside houses being renovated. A signed van tells me:
1. The tradesperson is getting work.
2. He or she is not worried about people being able to find him/her.
3. He or she is established.

If you belong to a trade assocation, put that on there, too. We do check :)

Sponsored Links
Back