sign on van?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering what people's preferences are for having a sign on the side of their van.

The free(ish) advertising is obviously great but i'm just wondering if it makes you more of a target for thieves.

Sponsored Links
gives a more professional image to your clients.

You don't want to look like a white van man, do you?

there are removable magnetic signs you could use made of flexible plastic sheet.

You have to tell your insurance company that your van is sign written!

I have found it the cheapest form of advertising as long as you keep a good stock of business cards in the van ;)

Sponsored Links
there are removable magnetic signs you could use made of flexible plastic sheet.

But they do look a bit ***** - much better to have van properly sign written

You can buy Vinyl lettering off of ebay ....... It depends on if you can stick em on straight ...... Then when you have crashed your van (When not if..... Its a known fact that plumbers can't drive) You can use a heat gun LIGHTLY to remove the lettering & "T" cut the panel :)

No-one has signs written any more...... Its too freakin expensive :eek:

IF you have to advertise there is something up. Maybe for first 6 months of starting up but anything after this sholud not be needed

namsag said:
IF you have to advertise there is something up. Maybe for first 6 months of starting up but anything after this sholud not be needed
So you're willing to pass on a chance sighting? We don't ;)

as a householder, I like signwritten vans. If i see one doing something for a nearby house, and it's something I might later want myself, I like to make a note of it, then walk past the house a few months later and see if it's fallen off/cracked/broken down. If it's a neighbour I know, I might ask what they thought of the job done. Personal recommendation is worth a thousand small-ads.

I don't like anonymous white vans.

I think signwritten vans look more proffessional, lets face it there are so many cowboy companies now, that almost anyone with a white van classes himself as a skilled tradesman...

It lets customers know that your willing to invest in your business and are proud to publicise the name...

advertising link removed

Mod Rupert

Mine cost about £300 about 5 years ago and has more than paid for its self.

I agree with the professional image thought as well. Most of my customers want a decent looking van on their property whilst work is being done and lets the neighbours see who to ask about for recommendations ;)

mine cost £180 for a nissan primastar, on both sides and rear, with logo as well. Quite a few customers have commented on the fact that when i turned up to do the quote it was good to see someone turn up in a proper van, rather than white van man! Also had various people come up to me in the street at jobs or when ive been parked at various places away from jobs and ask for a card etc. Well worth the money it cost. Its also a giant signboard parked outside the house while you are doing the job.

i am rather discreet and have never owned a van that has been signwritten. none of my customers, potential or otherwise, have mentioned it.

i have found all the comments on here quite interesting though. i never imagined that not having the van signwritten made you less professional.

but, what i have read does make sense.

i have never advertised full stop, as we are fortunate to be on a list recommended by local architects. i guess this is due to location more than anything.

my old gaffer had his van 'signwritten' and it looked shoite. i guess this had an effect.

Sponsored Links
Back