Silentnight or sealy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would be interested to know people's experiences with regular mattresses such as silentnight and sealy. Do they need replacing in a year or two?

p.s: I had to discount the ikea mattresses as they would not fit the bedframe in the room.

Sponsored Links
I have found Silentnight stuff to be utter carp!

Having lived near enough to the factory where they are made I have also heard tales about how badly they are made.

I had a silentnight bed, the top of the range super duper king size.
it lasted only 18 months before it started collapsing.

Never again.

Now I have a Myers mattress, on a wooden slat bed, 50mm foam on top.
far better & Myers will generally last many years beyond what they say they will.

it started collapsing.

perhaps you overworked it

you need less
727_love031.gif

and more more
bed.gif

Sponsored Links
I really wouldn't bother with either - I canNOT recommend enough the virtues of a water bed. Yes they are a bit pricey but they're well worth saving up for and treated correctly they will last far longer than any other bed and so work out cheaper in the end. The only regret we have is that we didn't get one sooner - and that I'm out of it now (0245hrs!). Trouble is I've just found this excellent site this evening and it's got me hooked! However, I'm now going off to my little bit of paradise :D . Seriously though - a waterbed is the only way to go!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back