Silicone Seal Release

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some while ago I fitted a shower screen to the side of the bath. This is now in need of replacemen but I did too god a job. The scrws are removed but the silicone is still fixing the upright to the wall tiles and will not let go. I have tried a flexible palette knife but no luck I just cannot break the seal. Any advice please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sadly that was what I expected to hear. Scrapers and stanley knife I have but decided the Multimaster would not be needed this trip - so it is 360 miles away :( Looks like my Son may be getting a slightly used Bosch 180E as an extra present.

Many thanks.

Alex

Sponsored Links
Just done this , cut thru with a thin blade remove screen and then remove surplus with a wood chisel and then silicon remover for remnants.

as has been said just cut down the back with a stanley knife, I have yet to find any thing siliconed in that cant be removed with a stanley knife

Just want to say a big thank you guys. I also need to pay thanks to my late FiL for impressing on me the importance of buying quality tools. Following your advice I got out a flexible filling 'knife' to initially break the seal. Then using a pair of very thin flexible broad scrapers I was able to ease the channel section from the wall bit by bit.

Job done.

Oh a footnote - we may now have the whole bathroom ripped out and replaced :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back