Simple Low Voltage Spot Lights Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cabinet that has 2 low voltage lamps in it, it came with the convertor but i am unsure how to wire it up, it has 230v written on one side but it does not state which is live and which is neutral??

Also if i want to fit a small rocker switch in the cabinete where would this wire between?

If you could edit my drawing that would help me the most!

Thanks for your time

Jose

lighting.jpg

Sponsored Links
230v to the 230v side, ELV lamps to the 11.5v side, all connections in suitable enclosures

Doesn't matter what way round the ELV connections are, and if the LV ones arn't colour coded, then the same applies to them, if the SMPS is metal cased and class 1 then connect the CPC to this, if not connect it in a spare connector in whatever enclosure you are using

ELV = Extra low voltage (sub 50v)
LV = low voltage (50v-500v)
SMPS = Switch Mode Power Supply
CPC = Circuit Protective conductor (earth)

hi, on the convertor it does not say on the 230v side which is Neutral and which is Live, des it matter which way round they go?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back