Simple plumbing question...I hope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a new property with a small kitchen at the back. I am getting a new central heating system fitted and combi boiler fitted in the kitchen.

I want to extend my house later (within 6 months) to have a back extension which will be a larger kitchen. Which is extended from the current kitchen.

I have been told by a builder, that I should not go ahead with the plumbing until extension is done. As the pipes will have to be moved since combi boiler will be moved. And there are so many pipes from the combi boiler- gas, water.....etc that it will be better to wait.

Should I wait? Will it really make that much difference or is it relatively a simple job with extending all the neccessary pipes?

I would really appreciate any feedback on this matter as I want to get the work started. Now I am confused.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have a working boiler then i would wait. Why pay twice for the boiler to be fitted?

Sponsored Links
bit of a catch 22 situation, if you have no heating at present, no choice but have it done. With a bit of luck your heating engineer can work alongside your builder to facilitate the re-site of boiler at later date. Is your builder hoping to get the boiler work when extension is built?

No the builder that I mentioned has nothing to do with my project just someone I spoke to. Through a friend of a friend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back