simply plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

does anyone know about the company simply plastering?
i am considering doing a very short course there ( 1 or 2 day)
i have no intention of becoming a spread but i am renovating my house and i would like to be able to skim the better walls and to skrim and coat the new plasterboard walls, i have no intention of attempting the ceilings
i have a rough a rough idea and i am practical minded i have done a reasonable amount of patch work with reasonable results after a bit of sanding but need to achieve a better standard finnish

thanks for the advice if you choose to give some ;)

here is a link which i hope is ok to post

http://www.plasteringcourses.org/courses/skimming-course-2days/

Sponsored Links
better watching Youtube vids and practicing.

Sponsored Links
For what you pay for a course, pay a plasterer for a day, and let him show you. Then for the same money youll get a few walls done but the plasterer and you, and you'll learn.

For what you pay for a course, pay a plasterer for a day, and let him show you. Then for the same money youll get a few walls done but the plasterer and you, and you'll learn.

Not a bad suggestion, and you'll have one on one time.

Theres a plastering course near me and think its 3 to 5 hundred quid for a 3 or 5 day course.

So if you paid a plasterer £150 for a days work, and he done a few walls, and spent time showing you etc, you'll be much better off. He can show you how to mix it properly, how to get it from your hawk to the wall, as you WILL spill it down your front, how to trowel it etc. Teach you that you have to keep everything clean etc.

I beleive this is your best bet, if you need a plasterer, where exactly is your area? so me or someone on here can help you, and throw a reliable spread your way.

i did think of this actually !

i have a wall to do soon and maybe would like to do a ceiling ( get one done)
i live west sussex

You wouldnt see me, or any plasterers i know plastering a room and teaching someone at the same time.

Go on the course, if u phone a plasterer and ask him to show you what to do while he works, chances are he would put the phone down

i live west sussex
i work in west sussex, im based in portsmouth, what part of west sussex are you? if you want someone to show you how to do a wall i dont mind doing it but it the way things are looking it will have to be on a weekend because im just starting another job for the next 3 weeks or so, "TOUCHWOOD", i maybe working this saturday but this sunday could be done or next saturday or sunday looks good, mind you saying that the parts of west sussex i work in are selsey and chi around that way are you near there?

i live west sussex
i work in west sussex, im based in portsmouth, what part of west sussex are you? if you want someone to show you how to do a wall i dont mind doing it but it the way things are looking it will have to be on a weekend because im just starting another job for the next 3 weeks or so, "TOUCHWOOD", i maybe working this saturday but this sunday could be done or next saturday or sunday looks good, mind you saying that the parts of west sussex i work in are selsey and chi around that way are you near there?

Hi
Thanks for the reply and offer, I live in crawley, i think thats too far for you ,
i will not be ready for a few weeks as the wall is yet to be built etc
thanks

[ I live in crawley, i think thats too far for you ,
thanks
you wouldent beleive how far i travel for work the last job lasted 3 weeks and i racked up 1800 miles 600 a week ,120 a day just to get to some crappy site in the middle of nowhere, what your offering sounds like an easy days pay, turn up skim a couple of boards and show you the basics, crawley is further than i would have liked but if im not doing anything i may come up if you want, you have time to think about it anyway

[ I live in crawley, i think thats too far for you ,
thanks
you wouldent beleive how far i travel for work the last job lasted 3 weeks and i racked up 1800 miles 600 a week ,120 a day just to get to some crappy site in the middle of nowhere, what your offering sounds like an easy days pay, turn up skim a couple of boards and show you the basics, crawley is further than i would have liked but if im not doing anything i may come up if you want, you have time to think about it anyway

cool is there a way of doing pm's here ?
i will see when wall is ready and see if you are about , it will be a wall that in total is about 4.5 metres long with a fire place and door to get round, part of it is brick built and part will be new plaster board also small ceiling if poss ,

found pm
but your profile has not been set to recieve messages from all n sundry :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back